Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helter Shelter

Options
  • 14-03-2002 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

helter.jpg

Is commin soon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

i think i may partake in this night out.
    sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

The biggest and best alternative night in Dublin....always packs out so arrive early. Talk to Bren on the decks there and he will sort you out as regards DJing on Xfm.

ok thanks a bunch.,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

when do the scientific inmates* get to dj at helter shelter???

*me and joss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mick-X-Listener

Will be going too. Why are their no bands playing at HS?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 blondi

heltershelter was f*ckn fab last nite !!

it was the second best thing to happen this easter , next to the queen mum popping her clogs !
    thank you to all involved in running this 'citadel of alternative musical excellence', you made my weekend.

an emotional ****ing fish....

i will never go again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 blondi

really..?
    must have been 'gee eyed' at that stage......?

dont mind him....he loved it....got a text message off the corpo saying: "****in great gig here any spare tickets for the next one" I'll see what I can do. :)

yeah it was good....
    hey corpo i tryed to say hello to you but you rudely ignored me walking by me... tut tut...... were you annoyed at something?

nah it was a good night indeed

• Advertisement

thats standard practise for the corpo...it means fuuck off I don't want to talk to you now but maybe later.

an emotional ****ing fish....
    and whats wrong with an emotional fish? I mean come on they were HOT! and Light a Big Fire too...oh yeah and Cactus world news.

Half man half biscuit should be played as well.

half man half biscuit would at least be entertaining

eh, who did i rudely ignore? i don't rudely ignore people, when did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Hmm. I'm tired of Whelans. Where else can I go to hear The Charlatans 'The Only One I Know', Fools Gold, and maybe an extra helping of An Emotional Fish amongst other cock-eyed, parochial and dull indie hits? And I have too much money so I'd like to pay €10 in and be overcharged for booze. What's that you say? All this plus Menswe@r too at Helter Shelter?
    Well there's a treat for all the family.

I'll go there and have a truly bleak time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I thought the Helter Shelter crew had promised to drop the Whelan's half-hour? I was going to come to your defence and slag Joss and Dudley off for not liking anything that's sold more than 200 copies (except Queen of course), but then I read the fateful words An Emotional Fish.... there's no excuse for that, lads. They were never "alternative" to begin with. Having said that, I would have been up shaking my booty to Menswear if I'd had enough bevvies. (Bren's just playing all those early 90s bands who ripped off Wire in order to wean the kids onto the real thing...)

Talking of Whelan's, I came across the Brighton branch of Whelans by complete accident on Saturday - it's not a venue, just a pub with a crappy jazz band playing in the corner, but it's way nicer than the Dublin Whelan's, decor-wise. Apparently there's a London Whelan's as well, but I don't know where it is.

There's also a gay pub in Brighton called the Queen's Head with a portrait of Freddie Mercury on the sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 bren

ha ha... sounds more like a Dudley C. gig...
    If ya'd asked for Prince we could have played it...Velure had left a bag of records from
    the night b4 so probably would have found it
    there...

and Lolo's dead right... Menswear and Elastica
    to win 'em indie kids over and it'll be Wire,
    Radio Birdman and Jon Spencer all night long
    for the next one......and I'll be the only happy
    camper there...but sure twaz so ****e I'll be the
    only sucker there too....

And agree, there was some bag-o-****e played,
    no excuse for An Emotional Fish, I say....
    (feeling duely queezy at the thought iof it)...

day-dreamer.....

Advertisement