Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus update

• 18-03-2001 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Well the story is that i cant get it! Why? coz they would have to place the airal at 15 feet which is a hole 5 feet more than is allowed 10 feet being the limit.So for the sake of 5 feet they wont be getting money off me for phone calls plus £40 a month powernet charges.Well done Chorus way to alienate yet another customer.

Stone frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stonemason:
    coz they would have to place the airal at 15 feet which is a hole 5 feet more than is allowed 10 feet being the limit.

Stone frown.gif
    </font>

its probably something silly like the law or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Nope it aint the law ive had exuses from its makes it harder for maintanace to itll wave about to much.A point to bear in mind is the tech`s are paid by the job and this would take at least an afternoon to get working right.I wouldnt mind so much but for the fact the tv [which we werent fussed about]we have np and thats at 15 feet.

Stone frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

I've heard about this law as well, although it may just be a planning regulation. Check with you local authority about it. You might require permission.

I've seen MMDS receivers much higher than that around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Thats my point my TV mesh aireal is at the 15/16 feet mark they just wont put the squarial up as well for the phone.In fairness when a tech guy tells you they need to be able to service said squarerial alot coz they arnt reliable it makes you wonder.

Stone biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

I understand now. I thought the same arial was used for both services.

• Advertisement
Advertisement