Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of advice needed

Options
  • 14-03-2002 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have just started a band with a group of friends a few months ago, and wanted to know what songs ppl would recommend doing. This q is mainly to those ppl in bands, as the songs have to be fairly simplistic and easily played as a group. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wild thing was my first song! Dead easy - Emaj Amaj Bmaj or any other I IV V combo
    Good luck purple haze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

what type of music do you want to play? indie, rock, metal, punk ??

BomB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Raptor
    I have just started a band with a group of friends a few months ago, and wanted to know what songs ppl would recommend doing. This q is mainly to those ppl in bands, as the songs have to be fairly simplistic and easily played as a group. Thanks

What do you want to play, and what are you capable of playing? When I started with my current band, we played lots of Ocean Colour Scene, and alot of our own stuff.

Are you just gonna be a cover band? Give us more info...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It all depends on where your playing, and what you are capable of playing. Me, I mostly play Guns n Roses and Led Zeppelin, with some Deep purple and Aerosmith thrown in. Songs such as Dazed and confused (Shameless plug: I have a tab of this at olga.net), Rocketqueen (My tab also at olga.net), and Walk this way, really get the crowd going in most places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

I started a band resently and we found the good songs to play are

lithium-nirvana
    elderly woman- pearl jam (acoustic)
    where is my mind?- the pixies

all easy good

• Advertisement
Advertisement