Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hives and MUSE!

Options
  • 14-03-2002 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

For all yall that dont know the Green energy Hives gig has been switched to dublin castle. Meaning its now Muse with special guests the Hives. Anyone who has a ticket they still apply. I think this is a good thing because I wanted to see Muse aswell but I have to say not as much as i wanted to see the Hives...so I really hope the Hives will still get to do a full set as opposed to getting the usual support kinda time slot! That would suck quite a lot! The Hives sold out for a reason MCD! Anyway... for more info check out Mcd.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

... why does everyone love muse so much? i mean, they're good but i've seen better bands, hell there are better bands playing this green energy shindig... are muse the new nirvana? *shudders* now thats a scary thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

So If you have a hives ticket you can go to the gig at dublin castle and see both what time does it start at then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Muse are better than Nirvana, and any other band you'd care to mention, with the possible exception of Oasis, T Rex and the Manic Street Preachers.

Goldfish geezer, the times are

6.15- 6.50- The Revs

7.15-8.15- The Hives

8.45- 10.30- MUUSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ~falls over decadently~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

hives aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread but they are pretty good. i bought my ticket to see them and now i'm pissed that thery're now effectively only playing a support gig. Fuuck MCD the ****, as someone already else said they sold out the venue for a reason PEOPLE WANT TO SEE THEM not just as a support act.

still maybe muse won't come on stage coz they'll be too busy sucking thom yorke's cock backstage and woshiping their copy of "Its Easy To Play Nirvana Vol2"

hee hee "cock" gets thru the board's defences

Clevenger: 1 Borards: Nil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

your mother sucks cocks in hell

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

And there was me thinking it was "your mother cooks socks in hell"

Muse are better then Nirvana

what age are you? 12/13?

If you like muse, fine.Grand.Lovley. I don't, I think they're unoriginal derivitave ****e, but to say they're superior to Nirvana...hmmm

he's the one,he likes all our pretty songs....etc

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

clevenger I have to question your musical knowledge there..

>woshiping their copy of "Its Easy To Play Nirvana Vol2"

The guitar styles of those 2 bands are extremely different, muse have a very interesting sound with major chunky basslines with quirky lead guitar, however (in most cases) w/o a rythm guitar. I'm also amazed he plays that stuff live whilst singing, they are fairly incredible live for a 3 piece.

Nirvana were the kings of simple power chords, phenomenal band, 'in utero' still blows me away anytime i listen to it.

no disputing the talents of muse's frontman, i know a good muscian when i sees one,the man is incredible,pity they're so dull.

nirvana, technique wise, may not have set the world alight, but there's much more to music then how fast you can shred. they led a revolution and were visionarys, and now all we get are people like muse.

ever tried to play come as you are while singing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

anybody ever noticed that muse ripped off a rage against the machine riff in one of their songs. It was a song off evil empire.

By the way, muse aren't that good. I mean ive seen better and they appear to be really boring, and i hate the hives because i saw them on jools holland. They didn't impress me at all plus they started saying that they are geniuses. You just played 4 chords over and over again. I mean who buys an album called 'your new favourite band' and its only 27 minutes long. Probably cost about 15quid, or Euro, i mean what a waste. I reckon that you will see a new 'cooler' band when the hives are gone in about a year.

by the way, before all of you start going 'shut up, muse and the hives are great' this is my own personal view on muse and the hives........and this is why we have musical diversity.

Theres my 2 euro cent for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Muse have two people playing back-up guitar off stage at every gig, so Ima guessin' they do use rhythm guitar.

The Hives blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

Pie, i really couldnt give a toss because the powers that be just made my bank holiday a whole lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    I mean i love muse and all but i really REALLY was looking forward to seeing the Hives for longer than an hour dammit! I mean the bloody revs nearly have as much time as them. THIS BLOWS! Also, the Ambassador would have been a better venue for them! Blah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Uh I don't remember trying to convince any of you not to go...

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

they led a revolution and were visionarys
    :rolleyes:

Do I smell some bull**** around here...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

I got tickets to the Hives ages ago, before they sold out.
    And now I gotta deal with this sh1t.
    Ok so I getta see Muse there good and all but I've seen them so many times.

I wanna see THE HIVES and ONLY THE HIVES... grrrrrrrrr

What's Dublin Castle like as a venue?
    Is it as bad as Smithfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

excuse me?
    unoriginal?not one weak link in the band-GREAT drums,vox,lyrics,guitar+bass

right to opinion and all that;
    but how in god's name can you say the s-word as regards to muse?

a rarity;a technical band that rock hard.
    that's all i need to say.but i'll say more

does their skill put you down?
    make you feel inferior?

i don't know about these nirvana references;
    2 different bands completely

don't like the hives;wish they were on a seperate bill so i wouldnt have to endure them.

and as for the revs on the same bill?not half as rawkus.

muse will DEFINITELY be welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

Muse sound nothing like Nirvana.
    Have you ever listened to a muse record and then a Nirvana record in sucession?

If anything, they sound like Radiohead but still very slightly.
    Perhaps the high pitched voice and mood of their music is what is similar in their music. But they still remain inferior.

If you want a band to bitch about sounding like Nirvana try
    BUSH (16stone)

Advertisement