Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onward Ho3!

• 15-03-2002 12:35pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Im concerned, people - I am concerned for our future here on the Game Editing Board...

I could dissapear for weeks, and once I return I would see the same old threads, getting dusty, and not getting replied to...
    Even if they WERE getting replied to, the majority of threads would be about the same thing...

Half-Life / Quake Mapping, or just mapping in general with the odd "Pics" threads...
    Guys, this is not on, and Im going to offer up a few suggestions for those who don't want to see this thread return to the dismal state it was in before I came here...

Firstly, I want to nuke that Sticky Thread off the board entirely, now that the hype of Mod Making has died down (Or simply shrink it and add it onto a new one)

I want to create one that offers up plenty of pics, news, sites, reviews, tools, tutorials and other things Game Editing Related, but I can't research it all alone... I need a little help, especially since Im still congested with this f0rking mod of mine.

Another thing, the idea for the Irish Gaming Community Website - Notice how that idea got the cold shoulder also - I'd love to see that thing back on track, and if we all banged heads together to get it done, we'd have a nice site were all our effort and idea's can be noted, we could advertise our new maps and projects, offer reviews and criticism on other peoples work, map testing and the likes...

heck we might even pimp a rake of people from all over the net into being a regular on this Board...
    So, what do you say!? No room for lazy buggers, people...

Im offering my rantish ability to the cause, so I'd make a hell of a tough reviewer or tester + I can write pretty much anything - Also, my mod / ronans mod / Ravens and Santahoe's Models / Drakes Maps / Thrax's Quake Stuff would be a great way to start on the webby - We've already got a lot of things we could all contribute, so take your finger out lads and lets get cracking...

Lets show the others on Boards.ie that this isn't an idling Board, but one that has serious potential and versatility!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Here Here.
    I just might start makin an Irish Mappers Webby :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hmmm - this is a rather distressing turnout...
    I really would like some feedback as to how you buggers would like this board to be kept!

Feed me info NOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Take our fingers out of what exactly? :)

Yeah we need a good new site. I'll help ya for content regarding quake mapping and shit.

Sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Maybe if we make a collection of tutorials for different things we might get some new people at these boards.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Erk - I think, to start off with, we should just nab as many ready made tutorials we can find, and until the website becomes a solid part of this Board, we can then mould it into something more... Custom...

We really shouldn't sit down and say "Ok, so and so write up a few tutorials there" because it's more than likely these things will be forgotten about in a week...

If you want my suggestion, then here it is - Get "One" person to create the site (So far it seems that Drake is the one for this - This is your mission, should you choose to accept it) and once we have a webby template, we throw in all information we can muster off other sites, including tutorials, links pics etc...

If/When/After the site gets put onto the web, we can then nuke all the crap off, and start working on seperate projects to implement, converting the website from something that was merely copied/pasted into something the entire Game Editing Board has created...

Sound good!?
    Just my suggestion anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Ok.

I've done the site. Now I'll leave it to other people to add content etc.

My job is done. Anyone hwho wants tot take on the site, email me and I'll send you the template for the site

Erm... It's happening again...
    Wake up you buggers...

Im sure your all working on something related to this board...

Talk - Pwetty Pweese...

VAR Mod Flash Website = 99.999999% complete, and will be avaliable at the next Galway LAN (Around 2.7megs) - So thats one thing to look forward to...

Advertisement