Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Tiny" question

• 14-03-2001 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Literally a "Tiny" question..-

I've been trying to find a phone number for Tiny Computers in Blanchardstown Retail Park - through the various directory enquiries numbers and through their web site at www.tiny.com - all with no joy as yet. Basically there's a part that they manufacture that I want to get my hands on - something that would be dead handy. Couldn't find that specific part through their on-line store either, but it's fairly new and I know that they make it (- an article in a magazine this month mentions it).

Does anyone know if Tiny Computers are still operating in Blanchardstown at all?

Thanks in advance,

_____
    Bard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Got through to the Blanchardstown Centre... seems it's "Time" computers that are in Blanch and not "Tiny" - I'll have to find another way.

Cheers anyway, WWMan.

If anyone's interested, the correct place to buy this product would be through:

https://www.tiny.com/uk/index.asp?prod_id=286

and not through the Yahoo! address given above.

Cheers.

_____
    Bard

"Wait! If we continue like this, you'll turn into an alsation again!" - Edmund Blackadder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahhhh, yep, youre right, sorry neil

No probs Eamo'... (and it's "Niall" btw wink.gif ) - I assumed first that they were in Blanch.

T'is no bother now, - I've ordered the yolky-bob.

yep, their store is right between eircom and elverys store in the right hand (stabding at pc world) retail park

• Advertisement

Found what I was looking for through the web at: http://store1.europe.yahoo.com/tiny-uk/tw01.html

Unless I can find Tiny's contact details in Blanch, and unless they sell it there, I guess I'll just order it through that site.

{Edit}: Seems I can't actually order it through that site - as the only shipping option they have is "Free Delivery" and my address is in "Dublin, IE" - the site says back to me "The shipping method you specified is not available to your address". Darnit. Will just have to try Blanch.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 14-03-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Let us know if it's any good (distance/quality etc.) sounds like a handy thingie.

Will do. I've read a couple of good reviews of it, and at £99 including VAT and delivery, it's cheaper than any region free DVD player I could buy ... plus there must be some other benefits of being able to transmit the picture from my PC to a 28" widescreen telly... just can't think of 'em right now wink.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    No probs Eamo'... (and it's "Niall" btw wink.gif ) - I assumed first that they were in Blanch.

T'is no bother now, - I've ordered the yolky-bob.
    </font>

woops!
    sorry nell

Played around a bit with it last night @ home and it seems like an excellent piece of kit... I'll reserve judgement for a little while on whether I should recommend it to anyone but it's looking good so far... and as a cheap and cheerful alternative to a DVD player while still having digital quality picture and sound... damn close.

My only problem with it at the moment is that the controls for adjusting and tweaking the fine tuning, contrast, etc. etc. are on the encoder - which plugs into the back of the monitor - on the PC - which is upstairs - and the on-screen display it creates appears only on the TV ... which is downstairs... (the distance between the two being the point in having the transmitter in the first place!) and not simultaneously on the monitor...

hummmmm...

• Advertisement
Advertisement