Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood control for boards.ie

• 18-03-2001 9:05pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering about the flood control
    whats the story with it? confused.gif
    it does say 60sec wait, thats fair enough
    but at times I can reply to topics 30 seconds then about 45 seconds to another topic and then at times it goes up to 3 min wait
    whats wrong with it and is there any chance in getting brough down to around 45seconds perm ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

also another quick say, does anyone else ever sem to suffer any of these problems ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

ye the wait from flood control for me appears irregular aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

nope, but then again, i suspect it reads the content of the post, and if its not up to scratch its tells you about flood protection. its a nice way of saying p1ss off and stop posting ****e....
    of course, i could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What is this flood control people speak of? I haven't gotten it ever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hehe
    ok then if you've never gotten it
    then reply to this post twice within the same minute smile.gif

• Advertisement

Test

This is another test.

All three of these posts were posted within 30 seconds.

`what ta ****
    you little basterd
    hmm it must put some cokie on your computer and could be deleting it
    or else you're alowed to be a lot of times because you're a commander
    hmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think also a good point to take into mind would to sort out that richindubs posts cause it is stupid!

Clan Acid 0wn j00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've changed the time to 30 seconds.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Flood Check?

You may prevent your users from flooding your board with posts by activating this feature. By enabling floodcheck, you disallow users from posting within a given time span of their last post. In other words, if you set a floodcheck time span of 60 seconds, a user may not post a note within 60 seconds of his last post. Administrators and moderators are exempt from floodcheck.
    </font>

test

Test again

test again

I must be special smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You're a commander/Moderator - you're immune rolleyes.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

test

test agian

ahh lovely nice one Clouad wink.gif
    it really makes my day much better
    but this also means that we will have more muppets like richindub spamming the Trolls board MUCH more ... but ..

Cloud should modify the board code to set the flood control to 3 minutes on the trolls board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

There should be a 3 minute flood time for all boards.
    Think about it...
    How could anyone post two entirely constructive posts within 30 seconds of each other?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but at times I can reply to topics 30 seconds then about 45 seconds to another topic</font>
    'Nuff said.

Well the slight difference between the other boards is posting crap gets you moved to trolls board.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Cloud should modify the board code to set the flood control to 3 minutes on the trolls board. </font>

would that not involved hacking the UBB code ?
    cause that idea could come in handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Well the slight difference between the other boards is posting crap gets you moved to trolls board.</font>
    Well consider this scenario:
    Person X posts a nonsense one-liner to thread Y, then moves on and does the same on thread Z... the whole process takes only a few seconds.
    One useless, off-topic post isn't going to get a thread locked & trolled.
    My only point is that - if you're at all bothered by flood control, maybe you should reconsider the content value of your post?

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 21-03-2001).]

Well that's why you have a 30 second timelimit. The 3-5 minute time limit in the trolls board is to stop people posting crap for the sake of it.

But if I wasn't immune to the 30 second limit, I could easily (I guess) hit it a number of times as I tend to have numerous windows open.

Advertisement