Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AE strategy for XP at higher levels - don't try this at home kids!

Options
  • 15-03-2002 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Here is a very viable and achievable strategy for massive xp-gathering at higher levels. It has a high risk but amazing reward. What you need:

1) A lot of ba||s
    2) 2 x 56+ enchanters
    3) 2 x 57+ wizards(1 preferably epic)
    4) 2 x 56+ clerics

Now what happens here is, that you head to Chardok, train down past the castle into the corner just to the far side from zone-in. Your enchanters then face the wall and CHAIN their AE stuns. While they do this, your epic wizard (or someone with run 3 + levi) pulls the upstairs tunnel, your other wizard pulls zone-out, your cleric DB/DA's and pulls the castle with the HTing mobs, all back to the spot in the corner there. Once all the mobs are there being stunned, you call *nuke* then your wizard 'claps' and everyone bar chanters and your cleric on heals tosses AE nukes. You should be able to nuke down 30+ mob trains with no trouble at all. Of course, it's high risk and you will get the occasional few mobs who resist, but with a good cleric spamming remedy on your enchanters that should be nps.

The trick is practise, practise, practise. When pulling the upstairs tunnel, your best bet is to not try to be too greedy and pull too far in. If you're out of range of remedy for too long you will come to a sticky end. Plus mobs further down there (statue mobs) can't be stunned. But if you keep to Dizoks, Chodokai sniffers/maulers/growlers and the Sho'Din trappers + pets, you should get very good xp. Trust me, when you try this you won't want any other type of xp. This also works well at bonecaster in seb, and at the Deep zone, or even in FG if you play it smart. The trick is to find a small corner, pull a train into it, and get those chanters stunning. You will wipeout, but that is part of the fun after all.

Well, happy hunting, if anyone tries it out successfully, lemme know :)

Occy
    Taranna Dhossarim
    58 Templar of Tunare
    Seekers of Divinity, Rallos Zek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'm looking forward to trying this at some stage :)

Another variant I've heard is to use a 60 bard to DA pull. I think massive AE killing is what caused the nerf in the grey ;)

Some nutters have already been AE grouping the tr in the new CT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Bards can DA pull, and they're actually not bad instead of a second cleric- a druid can also fill that spot well. Regi is right, AE is why the grey was nerfed. Now imagine another possibility for an AE group - 1 cleric, 1 chanter, and 4 warriors with rampage. Worth a try anyhow, not quite enough warriors I know on RZ with rampage yet, but watch this space :)

Occy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Cleric Chanter with 3 wizzys and any other class who feels like pulling works well too. It was this tactic that lead to the upping of MR on some of the new mobs in sol - as ae groups were just raking it in.

Our lot tend to do this a fair bit in Acrylia caverns I believe when xping. Tis also a nice tactic for faction work.

As a guild tho we use it to clear Fear say to get our shot at CT as quick as possible. Its a real nice tactic for clearing through trivials to get to what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Multigroup AE is all well and good on a blue server- on the Zeks it might lead to carnage for you as well as Cazic's little minions :P

Occy

Advertisement