Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-MAIL YOUR TD, Re:- A fair flat rate internet access service ?..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by kamobe
    deary, this post is gonna degenerate nicely.....

Your getting angry at my posts is sad....

I live in blanch too - near enough to clonee....
    The exchange is fairly close to clonee aswell, tis just up here beside the shopping centre....

You're sure u cant get it? Or were u just ineligible for the trials....

If you live BETWEEN clonee and the shopping centre, you probably will get it when it's released.
    I'm guessing from this that you didn't bother to actually read my post.
    And there's no need to get so snappy and bitchy. Ya'd think i was outside your house throwing eggs at your window and insulting your relatives.

If you're going to make statements like "As regards screwing someone who live on a hill in the middle of no-where.... pfft - what? then you'd better get a thicker skin.

It pissed me off, and I'm not even a bogger ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

deary, this post is gonna degenerate nicely.....

Your getting angry at my posts is sad....

I live in blanch too - near enough to clonee....
    The exchange is fairly close to clonee aswell, tis just up here beside the shopping centre....

You're sure u cant get it? Or were u just ineligible for the trials....

If you live BETWEEN clonee and the shopping centre, you probably will get it when it's released.

"Wow i didn't realise you worked for eircom. please, tell us more about your plans to roll out DSL. We're all ears. " *snigger*

I'm not a fan of eircom, i dont work for them, i hate them with all my soul for their crippling of this countries telecommunications infrastructure, they can burn in hell. Slowly....

And there's no need to get so snappy and bitchy. Ya'd think i was outside your house throwing eggs at your window and insulting your relatives.

I *P E R S O N N A L L Y* think that no-limit dialup comes behind (far behind) broadband... Industry wise, broadband is more essential, in my opinion, and would have more appeal to the public, if advertised correctly. (ie 2 minutes to download a whole song, rather then and hour)

My *P E R S O N N A L* opinion, not intented to insult anyone, anywhere, in the world.

I agree. Broadband is essential and does indeed overshadow dial up to a large degree on a scale of importance. Most comments I have read from people that have been using broadband say the it literally changed the way they used the internet.
    Dial up is archaic and IMO useless but until there comes a time when ADSL is 1)As available and 2)as cheap as dial up then it will be out of somepeoples reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Broadband -v- FRIACO issue has been debated before, so there's no point in starting again. It's been agreed (and shown in other countries) that broadband growth is quite dependent on FRIACO usage. Kamobe said: "Firstly - for all the people who just use the internet to send e-mails, it'd probably be cheaper to dial-up send/check mail, and hang up,". People who only dial-up to check email are afraid of the cost. FRIACO eliminates the fear and will spur them on to use the net. Everyone can benefit from internet access, no exceptions. I think it has been made quite clear that the goals of Ireland Offline encompass both Broadband and FRIACO in equal measures. If we get broadband first, I for one will carry on campaigning for FRIACO. If we get FRIACO, I'll be lobbying for Broadband. Broadband usage and growth is dependent on people being 'primed' for always-on high-speed connectons through FRIACO. Anyway this has gone quite OT.
    I don't believe an email will solve much, but any TD's who call to my door, won't be leaving without a little bit of knowledge on our probs here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

I personally couldnt give a nuts about flat rate - unless it were to come along with a nice broadband service. I dont understand y so many ppl want a no limit dial-up service, when dsl is just around the corner.
    As seamas said, Kamobe, come back to us when you've done your homework

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Originally posted by Xian

As seamas said, Kamobe, come back to us when you've done your homework

Xian, I have been told to my face by someone who knows. That our wonderful "EIRCOM" (Now privatised?) could at the throw of a switch introduce a flat-rate fixed monthly fee internet access service "Overnight"??. Would that not suffice while you , me and everyone else is waiting ? and waiting - for DSL to be given the "Green Light" - at least in the meantime my outrageous telephone bills would be "REDUCED DRAMATICALLY" NOW. To a level that I might be able too afford?. Such as the equivelant of STG£15.00 per month - that my relations in Derry are paying for same - and they have about 20 different Telecomms trying to sign them up. It really gets me "annoyed" that people on this island called Ireland who live less than twenty miles from me are laughing up their sleeves at the amount I have too pay just because I live in a part of "ULSTER" called Donegal??.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just to get this thread back on topic I e-mailed junior minister Martin Cullen last week, an anxiously wait a reply (ahem).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

I emailed all my TD's (I feel so dirty calling them my TD's...), awaiting reply.

As for the flat rate Vs broadband thing, the fact of the matter is that flat rate could become available now for everyone (i.e. as soon as eircom want, everyone has a phone line), broadband takes longer.

Originally posted by mike65
    Just to get this thread back on topic I e-mailed junior minister Martin Cullen last week, an anxiously wait a reply (ahem).

Mike.

Mike, Delighted to hear your action?.

I just hope more people follow your example??.

Personally, since posting this "Poll" I now realise that very many people - do not have computers, but thes people could still send letters or phone their local "County Councillors" drawing attention to this "FORUM". The County councillors apart from raising the matter in the Council chamber. Also has an "inherent" responsibility to inform his political "Parties" TDs. If enough County councillors were lobbied it could I think help??..

All comments/suggestions - very welcome!!. Thanks.

Yours, paddy20.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

off topic here... paddy, you might want to add that

yours truely, paddy20 :cool: to your siggy...

btw,everything you write is like something from a professional letter...fair play to ye :)

Originally posted by NeRb666
    I emailed all my TD's (I feel so dirty calling them my TD's...), awaiting reply.

As for the flat rate Vs broadband thing, the fact of the matter is that flat rate could become available now for everyone (i.e. as soon as eircom want, everyone has a phone line), broadband takes longer.

NeRb666, Many thanks for posting your info, it is very "heartening" to h.ear that "individual" citizens are taking personal ACTION. Under the IOFFL umbrella/campaign.

I know politicians start to become "very alarmed" when this type of action is taken up by "Mr,Ms,or Mrs, PUBLIC CITIZEN and VOTER??..

All the best, Yours,paddy20. :cool:

• Advertisement

OOps NeRb666,

I forgot in my mad rush, to mention "Very many thanks" for pointing out that Eircom could introduce a flat rate service instantly today if they were forced too and it is going to happen thanks to "Brussels" threat of legal action??..

As for me "All I want is "DRASTICALLY REDUCED" phone bills NOW, and I amwilling to wait a little while longer, or should that be - "A long" time longer for DSL to be introduced - which again I believe is inevitable- provided a lot of people follow your lead.

Yours, A very skint - paddy20. Having just paid out over 250.00 Euros to Eircom who certainly do not need it the way I do, I am now "overdrawn" at the "bank" but I am not worried about THEM either??..

Yours, penniless paddy.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

While we're off the subject...Paddy20, why on earth do you put question marks at the end of all your sentences? I just had to ask, you do it all the time and it kind of gets on me nerves
    Mike, Delighted to hear your action?.

I just hope more people follow your example??.

...now, regarding broadband: Does anyone know the specific regions it would be available if implemented? I live in Dublin 5 btw.

Originally posted by Da_Kid
    While we're off the subject...Paddy20, why on earth do you put question marks at the end of all your sentences? I just had to ask, you do it all the time and it kind of gets on me nerves

...now, regarding broadband: Does anyone know the specific regions it would be available if implemented? I live in Dublin 5 btw.

Message to Da_Kid, I I stumble -fallover laughing, breaks my heart. Good point though Our Kid - message received and understood. I think it is because I am new to typing at a computer keyboard and it really indicates a sort real life TICK.

See - no question marks, do I know earn some brownie points, and is my grammar acceptable to you.

By the way. How many TD friends have you contacted. If all I had too worry about was someones nasty habit of using unneccessary question marks. Then I would really be a happy "Old man".

No offence, I know you mean well & will drop that annoying habit. Funny,I was getting fed up using them anyway.

Yours,paddy20. (No question marks EVER again):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

How many TD friends have you contacted

65,000,002...who gives a damn they won't reply anyway. I didn't mean to offend you, u grammer b goodreally...I was just pointing out that question marks are for questions...unless something happened in the English language that somebody didn't inform me about...hmm.

Originally posted by Da_Kid

65,000,002...who gives a damn they won't reply anyway. I didn't mean to offend you, u grammer b goodreally...I was just pointing out that question marks are for questions...unless something happened in the English language that somebody didn't inform me about...hmm.

That many - at this rate you will become so pro-active you might catch up with the number of postings you have made.

You crease me up - you really DO,

What is it like to be so cynical, at such a "Young age"

What a pity, also what a waste of your obvious - God given capabilities. This Country needs your influence, expressed positively.

Yours, For today - Hear endeth Lecture - I must get back in my box now, time for a rest.ZZZZZZZZZ.....

paddy20:o

Another message from me,

Please do not allow this thread too drop OFF the page ??...

That is just what the "Golden Circle Group" based in Dublin, and the Politicians AND - "EIR-CON" would love too SEE.

Post more message on this thread. Make more suggestions/ Preferably "positive" ones.

Think of :- Who can we contact next to "Keep this issue in the "PUBLIC EYE". - Have you called your local - Radio ,"Phone in discussion programmes" or "Written to your local County concillor" or your "Parish Newspaper".

Would it NOT be great to get the religious of ALL denominations to speak out about the injustices that "Big business forces on people - in the interest of Capitalism at its worst?... Working against the best interests of the "Common good" socially and economically - We need our church hierarchy - To speak out NOW, They have the "Influence in the right quarters" but are they using it??...

Yours, Fighting mad - paddy20. ;) ( I think I better have a rest - climbing bck in to my box, must have a cuppa first though.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mdf

I forgot in my mad rush, to mention "Very many thanks" for pointing out that Eircom could introduce a flat rate service instantly today if they were forced too and it is going to happen thanks to "Brussels" threat of legal action??..

?????legal action?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by mdf

?????legal action?????

Yup - see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45261 for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mdf

That is to do with subloops - no relevance to FRIACO!!!!

Please do not forget this thread, we are getting somewhere and it "LOOKS" as though "Our Internet Access fair-rate problem" is becoming a PUBLIC - "Election Issue".

If you can not contact your TD, do not forget your Local County Councillors, Radio stations, Newspapers etc, etc.

We are on the WAY to winning what we "WANT" for everyone.

Please, "Keep up the "Pressure" - as "publicly" as possible.

When the average citizen is informed of the "injustice" re: Eircoms behaviour. THEN the Politicians really will "HAVE" a serious problem, and questions too ANSWER - when canvassing for votes.

So, what I am trying to say is this:- even letting your "neighbours" know the true reality of this "SCANDAL" is an effective pro-active Campaigning tactic. Word of Mouth talk Works?..

Good luck and many thanks,

Yours, paddy20.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement