Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing the auto-hide delay?

• 09-03-2001 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

My taskbar is "auto-hidden" at the top of my screen. I'm strange like that. Thing is, while this is actually the most practical place for it from my point of view, the time delay on the autohide is too short and I'd like to be able to increase it. It pops up far too easily when pointing at app' title bars, close buttons, menus, etc. and it (apart from my trackball!) drives anyone else who is using my machine completely bananas wink.gif

Anyone know a way of increasing this autohide delay time ?

_____
    Bard

"Wait! If we continue like this, you'll turn into an alsation again!" - Edmund Blackadder

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ahh just put your taskbar down to the bottom in steed of being strange of havin them at the top, thats the only help I can offer !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

maybe this registry setting-haven't tried it though
    jd

Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
    Value Name: MenuShowDelay
    Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
    Value Data: 0-999 (milliseconds)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If anyone's interested- I found a couple of little tweak gadgets that allows you to customise the taskbar autohide settings including the delay.

They can be found here

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 22-03-2001).]

Advertisement