Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hordon

Options
  • 15-03-2002 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

hi! my friend jordan is coming to ctyi this summer for her first time1 can everyone post their favrorite tips and advice? thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

1. Bring lots of money for the cadburys chocolate+crappy irish souvenirs that all USian ctyizens buy
    2. This is Ireland. It rains. A lot. Like it is now. At any time of year.
    3. Pleeeease bring oreos for when I come to visit! remember us sitting in your room....with you looking like you were gonna fall out the window... with the white wonderbra sticking out.....of the window....ahhh memories!
    etc, etc, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

1. more than one pair of shoes is *not* necessary. though that is most likely the bum in me speaking.
    2. Try not to fall asleep in class, as the seats are designed to make that painful
    3. Eating three packets of softmints at the same time, while seeming as though it is a good idea, can turn awfully bad when you notice the "May have laxitive effect" on the side.
    (luckily not me who did that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

bring penguin mints. LOTS OF PENGUIN MINTS! not for yourself but more to sell off to people like me (also bring many for me as presents ;p).

Um... avoid the food. It is the best survival tip EVER.

join this and fizzytings to get a taste of ctyi humour.

learn to avoid blonde guys in leather jackets, 19 year olds with beards and most people on campus when you're in a "i don't want to be touched mood".

also get a high caffeine tolerance! HIGH! addictions are also good.

Um... i'll think of more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

ah yes, i forgot to give my own tips. this will be really useful! i just took a nap! it was good. its 10:30 now. i think i will go and hibernate some more.

anyways,
    definitely avoid the food, as stated above, the hand dryers in the bathrooms of X building are marvelous devices that can be used to dry your (urg, white) tee shirt and all other belongings that you brought with you across campus in the rain (because, inevitably,you have forgotten your umbrella). take lots of pictures, you will want tehm later. i sure know i want more, even though i got three rolls this year. get a little bokk thingy to have everyone write down their names and addresses and random sh*** so that you can be reminiscent later on. waaaaah! its like having a memory book but without the pictures. ooh! i could ADD pictures! epiphany occurring..... nrrrrnnrrrnrnrrr nrrr nrrrrrr..ok. done. so anyways. yeah. thats it. bye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

If you plan on eating, bring pot noodles or whatever you usians have, I saved ami's life on numerous occasions cos mummy gave me 10 pot noodles when I went home for my b'day.and, like I said before, nothing makes friends like oreos!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

arrange to have about 20 or 30 litres of your favourite soft drink delivered when you arrive. You can go through soooooo much money on can machines. In ctyi 200 when i arrived i didn't like fizzy drinks - i left with a club lemon addiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

Eating three packets of softmints at the same time, while seeming as though it is a good idea, can turn awfully bad when you notice the "May have laxitive effect" on the side.

Hmmm. I remember that all right. How could I forget........

Anyway, here are my tips:

1) Limit your budget, i didn't do that and i spent more than i actually had.........Not good.

2) Hmmmm. Make sure your roommate has more than just ONE shower during the three weeks. Of course my roommate did not wash for the three weeks and told me this on the last night. He just sprayed himself with deodrant to combat his stentch. Though I don't think females would be as bad as males in this respect.

-Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by Elvish

Hmmm. I remember that all right. How could I forget........

Anyway, here are my tips:

1) Limit your budget, i didn't do that and i spent more than i actually had.........Not good.

2) Hmmmm. Make sure your roommate has more than just ONE shower during the three weeks. Of course my roommate did not wash for the three weeks and told me this on the last night. He just sprayed himself with deodrant to combat his stentch. Though I don't think females would be as bad as males in this respect.

-Rob

oh, and DO NOT go mad and ring up the distributor for jolt cola cus spar has run out :D eh rob?

Advertisement