Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outgoing mail using OE

• 15-03-2002 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

I'm having problems sending emails using oe
    When I use oceanfree I get

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.oceanfree.net', Server: 'mail.oceanfree.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

When I use UTV to oceanfree I get

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'snip@oceanfree.net'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.utvinternet.com', Server: 'ie-smtp.utvinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

No problems sending mail through OE using esatclear or indigo
    and no problem recieving email from any of the above

TIA

Macker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Who were you dialled up to when you got those errors?
    That UTV one looks like you weren't dialled up on UTV and they've IP restrictions on sending mail.
    The Oceanfree one could be the same or just some temp. problem with the servers.
    Try dialling up on both to send the mails and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Thanks Frank
    You're right I wasn't using UTV or oceanfree to dial up but I don't think I had to in the past ,I'll try it anyway
    Funny how I was able to post using esat and I wasn't dialed up through them.

Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Funny how I was able to post using esat and I wasn't dialed up through them.

Post to where/what?

Advertisement