Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boxing Minimod

• 16-03-2002 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Well about 2 weeks ago a mate of mine showed me a crobar model he made for tfc, its a set of fists that punch, we had so much fun messing about that i thought id make a boxing ring map just for a laff. So i did, then we thought we'd make a very small mod out of it, something simple, model changes and some gui/weapon changes.

Well we've not started yet but the fists and beta 1 of my map is done. You can see a very small avi of the fists and map here - www.fortress.ie/tfc.ie/vac/dingding.zip

Excuse the bad quality, i tried to make it as small as possible :)

(also, does anyone know a way of stripping all weapons on spawn through a map entitie?)

Phill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

the weapons can be stripped via the player_weaponstrip entity in the expert cs fgd.

get it at http://countermap.counter-strike.net

btw,
    the zip file is not working..
    "ERROR IN FILE #1: BAD ZIP FILE OFFSET [ERROR LOCAL HEADER SIGNITURE NOT FOUND] DISK #1 OFFSET:0"

:( i wanted to see some boxing gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by VacilatoR
    (also, does anyone know a way of stripping all weapons on spawn through a map entitie?)

Phill
    The quickest and easiest way to do that would be to allow only "civilian" (ie the pres) players on each fighting team... they only have the crowbar anyway... sorted.
    Then there's other info_tf goal methods you can use afaik.

Put an info_tfdetect somewhere in the map, enter the properties... have a look for Blue class limits toggleflags and set it to civvy... easy.
    Do likewise with the other teams etc.

If you have any problems, gimme a shout in IRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I've uploaded it again drake, its not zipped so you will have to right click and save as or just stream it, its only 320kb anyway, if it doesn't work again make sure you have divx 4.2 installed.

Also, i found a tutorial about stripping weapons like that drake, but i couldn't find one of the commands it said to tie, i presumed it was a cs only jobbie :confused:

www.fortress.ie/tfc.ie/vac/dingding.avi - new url..

Santie, thing is ive done that with tf_detect and limited it to three class's, scout, demo and hw guy (light, medium and heavy weight :) ) and in the avi you see benches, thats where specs go, sealed behind an invis wall as prezzies. Ive tried a tutorial i found on stripping ammo but thing is you still have whats left loaded in your weapons, ie 16 shells for shotty, 4 rockets. If your on irc gimme a buzz anyway, ill send you the map if your interested in having a look.

Thanx

Phill0r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

LOL, that AVI is gas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Just downloaded the Avi..

I have to say that that was the best right hand I've ever seen :)~

pld

• Advertisement
Advertisement