Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon Siege review in PC zone.

Options
  • 16-03-2002 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I'm still waitting for NWN.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Got 89% I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cant wait for NWN.. is Dungeon Siege a hack n slash or is there Baldours Gate style story and gameplay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

More hack and slash.

Indeed NWN if its even half as good as its made out to be will be excellent. I've started thinking out modules for the server, which I will have up the day its released :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

IWD2 is out soon, that should tie me over for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Dungeon siege looks all well and good, a sort of glorified Diablo II perhaps, which, while not really rpg is still a great laugh, especially multiplayer.

NWN though... drool... if the client server nature and the whole DM(s)/group(s) features work properly you'll get the possibility of a consistent world with non-moronic , single plot, "deliver the pond scum to the alchemist to get the bread for the cat that needs it to catch a mouse so you can get the magic marble the mouse thought was cheese" type adventures.

mmmmm, temple of Elemental evil, Against the giants, White plume mountain, Tomb of horrors... all calssics, all deserve to be in a computer game :) Me still trying to make heads or tails of the tutorial on scripting in NWN vault. Perhaps I'll wait for the game to be released so I can actually see if what I'm trying to do will work.... meanwhile, mapping and converting maps into play areas is taking enough effort...

• Advertisement
Advertisement