Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the best game ever on the PS1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

DUKE NUKEM
    WIPEOUT
    DOD2
    Jet Set Willy

These are just a few....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

1. Final Fantasy Tactics
    2. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Silent Hill
    4. Metal Gear Solid
    5. Ridge Racer Type 4

And too many others to mention. It's scary looking back and realising that yes, actually, it did have more good games than the SNES. Wow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I would love to be different - but alas FF7 was my favourite game on the PlayStation

shame that 8+9 didnt live up to 7.

Kulaworld (I think its called) also gets a special mention as its a game I still play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

1.) Wipeout 2097
    2.) Tekken 3
    3.) Tekken 2
    4.) Wip3out/ Wip3out Special Edition
    5.) Time Crises
    6.) Battle Arena Toshinden
    7.) Air/Ace Combat 2
    8.) Wipeout
    9.) Driver
    10.)GTA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun
    Final Fantasy VII.
    Best game ever.
    Best ps game ever.

couldent have said it better myself
    Best story
    Best villian(easily)
    Best game
    everybody else your all entitled to your own opinion but your still all wrong ff7 is the only choice.
    you can can close this thread now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Yet again I must stress MGS closely followed by Resident Evil 2. I just believe these games stood out especially MGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

As much as i liked final fantasy VII, i much much prefered xenogears (also by square).
    It was never released in europe which was odd cos it was easily as good as any final fantasy game and in my opinion better.

Roll on xenosaga on ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

Jonah Loma Rugby(best sports game ever!!)
    Wipeout 2097
    THPS 2
    Tekkan 2
    Die Hard Trilogy
    and Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

As much as i liked final fantasy VII, i much much prefered xenogears (also by square).

yeah i heard a lot of good things about that game, pity it wasnt released here, however im definetly lookimg forward to Xenosaga - is it confirmed for PAL though???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

THPS2
    MGS
    Gran Turismo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 $ynergy

wipeout 2097
    C&C Retaliation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

FF7, MGS, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 1 & 2, Gran Turismo

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Best ever game on the PS1?

Easy.

Medal of Honor (and the prequel Medal of Honor Underground)

Ok, I know that's two games, but I'm counting them as one.

So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by $ynergy
    wipeout 2097
    C&C Retaliation

OMG It's my twin, $ynergy! Change the avatar or face...... den den den..... TEH +4 STAFF O' SARCASM!!!

Oh yeah, and Silent Hill.

Ok, so that's 3.

...and Driver (1 only, not 2 - crap!)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wipeout 2097 - kept me entertained for 2 years throughout drunken Sat. nights. Aged 14, me and 2 mates playing Wipeout, drinking, and listening to the prodigy. Ahh the memories. Wipeout 1 was crap, the collision detection sucked.

FF8. FF7 sucked badly.
    GT2
    Driver

All of the Tekkens were waay to easy, and I've never liked fottie games. (except Kick Off on the amiga)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

FF8. FF7 sucked badly.

I shall include you in my prayers, in the hope that some day, your blackened soul may be saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 $ynergy

Originally posted by amp

TEH +4 STAFF O' SARCASM!!!

i'm sorry I speak moronic! can you repeat that in simple newbie talk as I am new here and I'm lost and want my mommy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

2. wipeout
    3. iss pro
    4. silent hill
    5. driver

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

MGS + Gran Tourismo 1 oh yeah and Siphon Filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

FF7 sucked badly.

That's sacraligous (spelling?) u idiot...FFVII's the greatest game ever made, FF8 wuz a piece of $hit in comparison...and that's fact not opinion, I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

wipeout - I remember playing the demo for hours, it was absolutely groundbreaking
    gran turismo - nice graphics, best handling and overall gameplay of any racing game ever, at least on a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

yeah wipeout for playability and lastability but mgs was just so groundbreaking at the time, hell I nearly forgot about siphon filter, wasn't bad either.

FFVII was an awful game with the most annoying action scenes I've ever come across, after playing it I wouldn't go near FFVIII with a 10ft Barge Pole. It's beyond me how someone could enjoy the lousy gameplay system that was incorporated into the game and the ridiculous attack, wait for him to hit back then attack again. I'd prefer a gg of chess anyday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    hello, are you all gay?

the obvious answer is wipeout.

Wipeout2097 maybe the first one just wasn't any fun at all. the 2nd, now thats a classic if ever there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

ff7. oII. yOU HIT ME, no no sorry brother its ur turn to hit me! My god its so brutal, reTrogamer only likes it cause hes high as a kite most of the time...just like his hero Mario... (Too many magik Mushrooms)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Right listen to me cos I know what i'm talking about.
    the two best games on ps1 and possibly ever are FF7 closely followed by Metal Gear Solid. FF7 wins out because it has the best story ever and nothing has ever come close to the experience metal gear solid delivers. Anyone who says otherwise obviously hasn't played these games. And ignore Prae.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

FF7 sucked badly

hello what planet are you from, get a life....get a minicall!!!!

id go for final fantasy 7 top spot, wipeout 1 second (you just cant beat originals) and then either tosh or tekken 2 next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Metal Gear Solid-EXCELLENT!

No contest really

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Johnny Gomez
    Metal Gear Solid-EXCELLENT!

No contest really

Except Final Fantasy 7 which owns every game ever.

(MGS was crap :P)

Advertisement