Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc drives won't autoplay?

Options
  • 16-03-2002 5:01pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

Hi

I have a CDR and a DVD drive but neither will Autoplay. I have to go to My Computer (where I have to refresh with F5 before I can click on drive) to get any app to run on it. Any suggestions? Is there an option somewhere in Win98 to choose Autoplay?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

i think its right click on the drive in 'my computer' - properties - and theres a tab claled auto play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

For Win98:
    Goto Control Panel > System > Device Manager > CDROM > Double click on the drive you want to make AutoPlay > Settings > Check box next to Auto Insert Notification. Click OK > Close > and reboot PC. Now it will autoPlay always.

(If you want a disk to not autoplay hold down shift whilst you insert a disk and it spins up.)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks a million for the help. That worked a treat.

Cheers! :)

Advertisement