Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed

• 16-03-2002 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Well ive decided to get a new Gfx card been looking around at the usual Irish sites,wot would ya recommend?

Thxs

Creative 3D Graphics GeForce 4 MX420 - 64 MB
    €159

ATI Radeon 7200/64Mb AGP 2x/4x SDR Memory TV-Out --€143

thats all i seen round for boit €150 mark

any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b4k4^2

Get a Creative GeForce 3 Ti200, think it's going for about €200. I have one, great card.
    The cooling on the Creative is pants though, getter better cooling off the tin foil off my lunch.
    But granted if you're not going to overclock it ignore my last comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

answer : none of the above

yes if u can afford a gf3 ti 200 - go for it
    if not then get a gf 2 ti - or if you like ati and its drivers the radeon 7500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

rite Gf3 ti its gonna be so,

Wot site recommend from? where can i get a euro to stg converter,dont wanna find out that cud have got it cheaper over here.

Why is the Gf4 mx so bad??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

GeForce 4 MX isn't that bad, it's just not that good. They're not as feature packed as the GeForce 3's and GeForce 4 Ti's for example.

You're better getting a high-end GeForce 4 MX than a GeForce 2 Ti, but that's about it.

God I'm tired. Don't take this as gospel. Have a look around for comparisons.

Advertisement