Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Basic(Excel) Problem

Options
  • 16-03-2002 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I don't know if you guys read my problem in the MS apps board, but anyway, if you guys could help me with this it would save me a lot of hassle.

I am using excel to run a simple visual basic thing, to solve a math problem. The problem involves integration, which I think Excel doesn't have. I used another programme(MathCAD) to solve the integration and another(MathConnex) to link it back to Excel.

The problem is that MathConnex doesn't solve in realtime.

Since I am using visual basic commands is it possible to open the Mathconnex programme, run it and minimise(or close) it, using visual basic.

Bear in mind that I have never done this before, and only did the rest by using the "copy and paste" method. Is there a simple solution for this problem.

If there are any questions i will reply as soon as i can. Please help.

p.s. this has to be done by monday evening!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If u can see a reference to the program in VB then u should be able to treat is an object just as you would in Excel. Have a look through the references

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Thanks for the reply, unfortunatly it was a week later than I could have done with. Nevermind I figured it out anyway, thanks to the help file. As usual the layout wasn't particularly helpful for finding what I was looking for, but in the end it all worked out.

the command that I was looking for was:

ReturnValue = Shell("C:\Program Files\MathSoft\Mathcad\MathConx.exe", 1)
    AppActivate ReturnValue

This may not seem like much and may have been obvious to you programming guys, but it wasn't to me. This took at least 12 hours to sort out these lines of code( I am not kidding) and a few more hours again to sort the rest of the fiddly things out. I thought that you guys may have been of help, but alas, you weren't.

Thanks for your input

Advertisement