Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How To Assemble A Portfolio

• 16-03-2002 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

My mailbox has been cluttered up the last few days with application forms for College. I'm 23 and applied as a mature student via the CAO. I know i have to attend interviews and show some of my work - thereby showing the requisite interest so i'll be let into the course (Film). I have a huge amount for work that i can present, but i need some tips on assemblage and presentation.

Does anyone out there have any for me ? Any help would be great .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

i would contact each college and see what are there portfolio requirments, piece it together with what u have
    gluck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Below is the info on it in GMIT (main campus)
    http://www.gmit.ie/prospective_students/busman/art/GA236/

it's in association with the Galway Film Centre. Who's bloody website was down when I checked (www.galwayfilmcentre.ie). My uncle who's not in the country anymore was working for them and was involved in short film making. But he was more to do with the cameras etc. But when I look at the course content for Galway, doesn't it seem to cover things like sound/visual, instead of things like directing, casting, script generation etc. Which is what I would imagine you would like to study??

As regards the portfolio all you can do is check web sites for info, or perhaps try and find someone who is already in the course for entry info.

G'luck mate, and remember, the film world needs YOU.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Your a star. And very attractive in certain shades..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kilian

if you still need help, I'm in 1st year film in dun laoghaire- I don't know where you're applying for (portfolio screening in dun laoghaire just finished...) so maybe i can help.

For my prtfolio, i organised different types of work into folders; one for photography, one for scripts, one with my CV and details about myself, etc.. and but the whole lot in with VHS tapes in a small A4 sized plastic document box. Basically keep it neat, easy to look through etc.

If you have an interview in dun laoghaire, that's where they'll really drill ya! I was faced with a traditional good cop - bad cop scenario! be prepared, don't argue, but DO stand up for, and have confidence in, your work.

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Friend, you are an absolute God amongst men. Thank you very much.

Problem is, i havent heard back from Galway yet, the wait is killing me at this point.

As for the portfolio, i have a large amount of written material, some photography, but i think my VHS footage is weak. Do you think this will matter ? I talked to people who said that as long as you show you have a grasp of the subject at the interview, you'll be fine.

Bu the way, i missed out on the interviews for Dun Laoghaire..

• Advertisement
Advertisement