Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Mappers Website! Seriously, no joke :)

• 16-03-2002 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

For some reason I was inspired [wtf?] by Rope's "Onward Ho3" thread, I've decided to make an Irish Mappers Website.

Attached is a pic of it.

I obviously won't be able to maintain the whole site by myself, so I'd like people to apply [??] for jobs by posting here what you'd like to do for the site.

I'm hoping we can still get hosted on Fortress.ie? I still have to finalise all the subpages and files etc, but of course til we have a host, there's nothing I can do really.

Maybe some people could write some cs map reviews, custom ones, or tfc maps, or whatever..even Quake3 ones [thrax i'm lookin in your direction!]

Also, maybe single player map reviews, like ETC ro ETC2. or maybe someone can review the VAR mod when it's released. or MINIBOXING! :)

Well, If you're interested then reply. If not then i guess...

reply anyway ;)

Ps please give me opinions on the design, i'd need someone with some degree of php or newpro knowledge for managing the news :)

Enjoy.

Whats your thoughts on the design? 12 votes

Excellent! I want to have your babies!
    0% 0 votes
    Luvverly
    25% 3 votes
    Not as nice as a creamcake
    50% 6 votes
    What the hell is that?!
    25% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Looks good kid. The only thing I think looks kinda out of place is the TITLES. But I think that's just me :)

Keep up the good work - i'm hoping that some of the C# programming i'm about to learn might go towards a game i could make.

Oh and I can't WAIT to see Rope's mod :DDDDD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'm just wondering why a mapping site has a half-textured half-wireframe player model in the header 0_o
    Would make more sense to have a half-and-half texture/mesh of a map no?
    Nice site otherwise, but content will always be king... once there's something worth reading - I couldn't care a less how badly it's designed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Looks nice, although a half modeled CS lad? :) thats nothing to do with mapping and it looks like its CS based.

Sorry, i know you've just made it, im just being picky ;E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

lol, i opened the new post page while i went to get smokes, santa posted in between and said what i was going to say, hogg!!! :P

But yea hes totally right, once its informative your sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Does the site have to be limited to just mapping? Why not have an irish editing site instead? I like the site design btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

well,

it's an irish editing site, as yo could see from the links on the left.

it's not a cs model either, it's a human grunt model from a halflife mod called poke646.

Maybe I'll change it...but i think it looks nice :/

@ Santahoe: I think there will be some interesting contnet..but only if others are willing to contribute. I cant maintain the whole site by myself, I do need people to be staff..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Very nice, I'm impressed, I'll offer some services, but I'm extremely unreliable at best, so we'll see how it goes...

Ivan

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

As usual I'll offer whatever help I can... Quite nifty at ranting / reviewing / criticising / bitching about things in lovely colourful and bold text so if you want anything written up for the site give me a text and I'll layeth the smack down on Word2000...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

hey looks good.

im only a newbie at this stage as regards mapping/editing , but i'm a hardcore CS, DOD and of course HL fan, not too mad about TFC tho, good for a laugh now and then all the same. I have been playing since 99 i think. If u need anything, lemme know!

whapah!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I'll give a bit of help on Quake related mapping and stuff. Looks deadly BTW.

• Advertisement

I'll ask mindphuck if he will lets us host it on quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

You can have hosting on Fortress.ie if you wish.

www.fortress.ie/editing
    or what?

any ideas?

thanks, Thrax, i was kinda hoping you'd volunteer for the Quakeing section :)~

Maybe www.fortress.ie/hlediting would be better because fortress.ie wont be totally HL related soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I'd like to offer my php skills, if that's any use to you.

can you use php for some kind of news updater thing?

www.fortress.ie/hlediting would be grand :)

Erm just one thing

Why does it have to be /hlediting? its not a half-life editing page is it. Its a game editing page, theres going to be quake related stuff on it also and maybe some other games too. Why don't ya just call it www.fortress.ie/gameed or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by DRakE
    can you use php for some kind of news updater thing?
    Yer damn right I can. Already did it for the imc site, but that didn't take off, so I'll just adapt that code. What database is available on fortress.ie? (I'm guessing mysql, but you never know.)

Right grand so disregard above post.

fortress.ie/editing - ?
    fortress.ie/hlediting - NO
    fortress.ie/gameediting- ?
    fortress.ie/gameed -?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I`ll help out in anyway i can ya have my full support and/or backing

:D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Currently making a VAR MOD Website out of nothing but Flash...

Going quite well at the moment - With that in mind, I can make small flash movies that you can fit into the corners of your website, or simply upload as full pages. Maybe even an Intro... Up to yourselves!

Advertisement