Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EliteGroup K7S5A be warned

• 17-03-2002 4:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/index.php?function=view_thread&threadid=18828

These boards are really, really, really particular about the psu and it's output, don't get one. I have tried two different boards with a 300 watt and a 200 watt and even though I have verified all of the components being used in the board as working, it still won't post, it is a shameful waste of money really, don't be cheap, get an abit. EOF
    /Message Ends\

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

"EliteGroup" - way to make them selves sound like a bunch of muppets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Lol it would have been better if they called themselves
    'Juice eating mobo makers' cause a 300 watt psu will have to output 282 watts to get a post out of one of these puppies.... ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Aparently the M.S.I KT266 pro/pro2 is having problems with the GF4 MX440 which is abit strange as M.S.I also produce a GF4 mx440 card.Have a look see at M.S.Is Website for ongoing argument

Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd say it could be a similar problem to the epox 8kha+ which has capacitors obstructing the capacitors on the mx 440.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 feedback51

I have been using the K7S5A for over six months and it is stable and works with a €30 case + PSU. The PSU is rated at 300watts, although I don't believe it.

I did have a problem updating the flash on one occasion but the board was replaced quickly by ebuyer.com

I have been using ECS mobos for business applications for some time and for the price I'm certainly not complaining.

feedback51

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I sent my ECS board back to marx for the second time as I couldn't get a post.They got it and said it worked fine, then offered me a refund or to send it back.I'm getting an epox 8kha+ now. 0pinion seems divided on the k7s5a, understandably so. It only costs 110 eur, gives you the option of both ddr and sdr ram and so forth. If it works, as for some your bound to be delighted. Unfortunately it's all very hit and miss.And for someone like me who spent a couple of months farting around with one and returning and testing various parts a little bitterness is understandable. Mine wouldn't post with a 350W PSU :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have been using the K7s5a with a cheapo case&300w psu from peats for the past 6-7 months also. Havent had a single problem with it.

Although anyone who does have problems or is looking for the latest flash etc should go to :

http://forum.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=4

Nice site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I've got one, haven't had any problems with it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sounds like it would run extremely hot, what temp do you get off it ?

Advertisement