Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headhunter

Options
  • 17-03-2002 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if its same on ps2 but i picked it up cheap on DC.

Now ignore all the MGS rip off comments presonnally i feel its closer to resident evil then mgs. Its a good game a plot which quite simply has me confused and a clever way of moving the game along (the licence and all) I have to say though the RObocop future atmosphere is brilliant. I mean down to the cheesy actors and adverts during loading make it perfect. Had to have one of the most original openings in a while. (the news report on all the changes.) Its a shame you dont see the future effect while playing. I mean i wanted demolition man style baddies using old bullit guns (they are banned using medical shocker guns) And that if u break some of the really stupid laws u get punished.

Gameplay is nice fustrating when trying to b stealthy but gunfights are brilliant with the cover button. (always wanted a cover button.) U just press it once and your character takes cover and like time crisis u just pop around quickly and take shots and then back.

What spoiling it for me is the annoying motorbike which wheelies every tiem u start and ends up going out of control/ Also the unlimited pistol ammo gives u an excuse to throw stealth out the window (thankfully later u are ordered not to kill at certain times)

Also it seems to get very hard at one point and doesnt let down. I have to race around the city in my bike and diffuse 6 bombs and if i screw up once i go all the way back to bomb 1. and seeing each bomb has 3 minutes limit involving biking, searching, killing and then diffusing. Its very hard by number 3 and pissing off when u fail for number 5 or 6.

has anyone else played it. Wha u think?

p.s does ps2 version have anything different.

and the storyline is refreashingly silent in the way u have to take it out bit by bit. Pity about some of the actors. The mexican is great though very funny. ("Hey Ass-Hunter Banks closed!")

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I have it on the DC and it's quite good; no mgs2, but good in its own right.
    The motorbike sections are a pain in the ass, especially when you have to get Points. And I love the organ donation story line :)
    The PS2 version is identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*SPOILER*

The game is defitnally not a MGS rip off its a Resident Evil/James bond rip off. Res cause the last guy is a bloody Nazi/Tyrant style beast guy who u gotta blow the sh*t out of. And James bond because the scientist is traditional old style bond villian.

Corny line:

Hero: "What do you want from me?"
    Villian: I want you to die mr Wade.

Talk about bond rip off. ANyway its a good game but the puzzles are even more infuriating then resident evil. Half because of the use of 2 characters in same area i kept trying to get one guy to the others puzzle even though it was impossible.

Anyway i still havnt completed it but hopefully i will 2marrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Is it any good, was thinking as buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

aye tis a good game
    3 outta 5
    hard enough aswell
    my only problem is the amount of loading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah great game altogether...
    I was glued to it constantly when I bought it, very enjoyable indeed :)
    The motorbike bit is excellent, the wheely out of control thing just makes it more challenging... and more satisfying when you're weaving in and out of traffic on a corner going like a bat out of hell.
    Do the Virtual training missions, you'll get the hang of the bike in no time.

The bomb defusal part was a bit confusing though, one of the last bombs you have to get is down in some storm drain (ala the Terminator 2 bike chase location) ... yet on the mini-map it appears in between two checkpoint gates... and you're thinking "WTF? how do I get in there?!!"

Worth buying IMO, one of the finest DC games around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by SantaHoe

The bomb defusal part was a bit confusing though, one of the last bombs you have to get is down in some storm drain (ala the Terminator 2 bike chase location) ... yet on the mini-map it appears in between two checkpoint gates... and you're thinking "WTF? how do I get in there?!!"

Worth buying IMO, one of the finest DC games around.

The exact same thing happened to me, i thought the game fúcked up

Advertisement