Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

085????

• 18-03-2001 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know anything about the new 085 network? I heard it's pants but a friend of mine can get me the sim cards for cheap so I'm wondering is it worth getting one.

Cheers for any info.

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

There's no off/on peak calls, just one rate as far as I know.
    25p to other 085 mobiles in Ireland & UK.

http://www.meteor.ie/phones/callcosts.html

Nil Desperandum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I know in some areas(leixlip) the reception for meteor phones is terrible. They have had trouble with their leased lines or something (part of conversation with friend who works for meteor).

But im sure theyll get better, its all mainly teething problems for their new network so id say its only a matter of time before they get decent coverage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

also if you register you get cheaper phone calls for 12.5pence/min until april

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

If you're not happy with the coverage or have a faulty handset you can return the phone within 30 days to get a new one or a full refund. This is meteors policy, not the stores, although you have to bring the phone back to where you got it. Apparently meteor reimburse the retailer or something like that

NARF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

coverage is pants - for the moment at least. if you travel outside the top 15 towns then forget it (for about a year or so)

that's all well and good, but where are all the monkeys gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well I have had an 085 phone for nearly a month now and i still have my orignal credit that i got with the phone, which is quite an acheivement by my standards. i switched from the 086 network and i live in the dublin area and i find their service as excellent. u are never on hold in customer care for more than a minute and i also found that the handset i bought (6210) is not locked to the meteor network. so if u want to buy an 085 6210 for £200, waste the £70 you get with the phone ringing the pervy hotlines and then pop ur 087 or 086 sim into it and it will work.

Advertisement