Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nolimits closed to new customers

• 22-03-2001 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

According to someone on ie.comp, IOL nolimits are not accepting new customers. This will be important for people changing phone lines as you have to re-apply as a new customer.

On the positive side, more good news for Eircom shareholders wink.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

'bout ****in' time too! they can't handle their current amount of users never mind any more!

0.0k/s downloads anyone? mad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PiE:
    'bout ****in' time too! they can't handle their current amount of users never mind any more!

0.0k/s downloads anyone? mad.gif
    </font>

I imagine this is to put pressure on the powers that be to force Eircom into flat rate wholesale pricing. Lets hope they don't go any further wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

they didnt introduce the 3 hour automatic disconnect thing did they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭[SKT]Raven

Great news about time they stopped taking on enw customers now maybe if they get some more new servers or summin to handle the traffic they have all ready we will finally be in business

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Recon:
    they didnt introduce the 3 hour automatic disconnect thing did they?</font>

Nah, don't think so. I was connected for about 7hrs overnight last weekend. (A miracle in itself).

Anyone have any trouble staying connected to the service? Sometimes I get keep getting disconn'd after about 10secs, but once I get past the first minute or so it usually holds steady...at 0.0k/s sure, but it's a steady 0.0k/s! :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

THey did .. are they are going to in the next 2 months ....
    Me and me dad had hugh arguments with them over this ....

It always seems to happen when i do find some decent sitez .... frown.gif

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Not yet and not when they said they would (1st of March), it seems. I've been able to connect for over 3 hours every time I tried to this month with no disconnections, automatic or otherwise.

I heard recently that they've backed down about the 3 hour thing and are actually re-considering implementing the limit, taking into account all the bad reaction they've gotten on it so far. One can only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Skeptic1:
    This will be important for people changing phone lines as you have to re-apply as a new customer.</font>

No you dont, you just have to ask them and they will send out your original form and you just have to *ADD* it as your second number.
    I done it just there this week, they got the request on Tuesday and it was setup last night.

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

bah this is 100% true i'm afraid; somthing to with eircom's stance on flatrate, esat just cant afford to take any more people on basically.

lets just hope it isnt a prelude to withdrawing the service altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Here’s a link to the story, it seems eircom are dragging there feet as usual.

http://www.electricnews.net/news.html?code=1407570

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sutty:
    No you dont, you just have to ask them and they will send out your original form and you just have to *ADD* it as your second number.
    I done it just there this week, they got the request on Tuesday and it was setup last night.
    </font>
    That was the case up until today. I phoned them and asked them about changing my nolimits line. They said that new lines were no longer being connected, even to existing customers.

Actually, this will be bad news for Eircom shareholders. Eircom makes a fortune out of nolomits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Lets get a few things straight here...

1. eircom cannot drop the price of it's phone calls below a limit set by the regulator.

2. iol (surf free) is owned by esat. eircom loses money on local calls so they make nothing from it.

3. with echelon (the british/american surveillance/industrial espionage service) co-operating with british/american corporations, do you really want foreign operators owning the telco networks?here.http://www.hamradio-online.com/1996/dec/echelon.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

eircom doesnt lose money on local phone calls, when you phone esat nolimits esat basically pays your phone bill to eircom

If it meant getting DSl/Cable sooner I'd welcome Echelon with open arms.

Advertisement