Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isps gone to crap

Options
  • 17-03-2002 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

anyone noticed lately the quality of indigo and eircom dialup has been appalling.

I'm on isdn, and from 7-11 at night I can't get onto indigos dublin number at_all.

And on eircom, really poor service too, takes numerous attempts to get on it on freakin isdn.

anyone else been getting this ? particularly ones using indigos dublin number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

they've actually got much better around these parts (kildare) i used to get crappy connections like 33k it connects nearly always now at 49k-56k which is class. downloads have an average of about 5k download depending on the server and before they used to be 2k-3k. Still laughable compared to cable or anything else but hey tis an improvement. the same happened to friends who live around the area. maybe our gain is your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I dial up on Indigo and sometimes Esat, never have any problems at all connecting to Indigo and I rarely have problems with the Esat connection anymore (used to be pretty bad at times).
    If you're having the same problem on the 2, maybe there's something up on your side?
    Try connecting to Ocean or one of those that give free ISDN access and see what happens.

Advertisement