Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good video card ???

• 27-03-2001 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I have to go along with that, I have a nice 32mb nvidia gforce 2 and it works great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

A GeForce is the only upgrade you could get that would make a substantial improvement to your graphics setup. Voodoo 3 16Mb and Riva TNT2 32Mb cards are not all that different in terms of performance. You need a GeForce to see real improvement. They're not too expensive these days. Someone will post a nice cheap place to get one.

BTW, What's wrong with a V3? I use one, and it's fine. Getting a big kick ass graphics card is almost pointless unless you've got an uber l33t machine, or you belive that a lower framerate is holding you back. If you just like nice pictures, then get a subscription to playboy, it's cheaper. smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

The card is as you said a great card, it's just that everynow and again it will judder in any game , so instead of just replacing like for like i decided to upgrade completly.
    I'll have to price around but thanks for the advice guys.

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hercules 4500 - "Kyro II" chipset, due out in a week or 2 for ~$149. Gets very close to, and in some cases beats, the Geforce2/pro/ultras. www.anandtech.com has a review.
    If you have the cash a Geforce3 would be better but the Kyro-2 is definitely the best bang-per-buck you can (will) get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

GeForce 2 MX will do you til GeForce 3 forces prices down on GeForce 2 GTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually ben, i found there was quite a difference between a v3 2000 and a creative tnt2 m64 which i have in my second system. hmm, actually , its also in a pIII 700 and not a pII 400. oh, and its an agp and not pci like my voodoo. but its still better..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I'm looking to upgrade me video card, at the moment i have a voodoo 3 and i want a 32 mb or higher video card.
    any one got any ideas which would be best ?

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

GeForce 2!!!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Advertisement