Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place to buy hardware on the net?

• 24-03-2001 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

I am building my new computer and i plan on buying my needed hardware from overclockers.co.uk or cclcomputers.co.uk

Does neone know anywhere cheaper or closer to home than these 2 sites???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

I found dabs.com a great site, it updates its website hourly so you know if they have the items in stock or not. They deliver to Ireland for a flat rate fee of twenty pounds so it helps if you order a few items. Anything I’ve order has always been delivered in three days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tobiwan:
    I found dabs.com a great site, it updates its website hourly so you know if they have the items in stock or not. They deliver to Ireland for a flat rate fee of twenty pounds so it helps if you order a few items. Anything I’ve order has always been delivered in three days.</font>

Yeah, got some stuff from Dabs too, good service!

OOOHH,I hear laughter in the rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I'd recommend overclockers I got a Processor, Mobo, CPU Fan & a Case. They have good service ( I had to replace a CPU), good prices but expensive shipping.

I've got all my memory from www.crucial.com, use the UK link (got stung by customs on the 1st order I made thru the US)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Dabs and OCUK are excellent, but keep www.scan.co.uk in mind, usually they're 5-10% cheaper than either and offer comparable service levels (Though much more limited stock range than Dabs). And you can FINALLY order online with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

note that Scan have a 30 quid _sterling_ delivery charge to Ireland... basically in order to actually get anything at a cheaper price then locally your going to have to order over 200 quids worth of stuff.
    something to keep in mind before you reel over at the sight of your credit card bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

yeh i will be buying more than £200. thanx.

Advertisement