Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Fat guy singing Whitney Housten

Options
  • 18-03-2002 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Uh...*cough*.

I saw something really odd on a Music channel. "Magic" I think it was.

Anyway that doesn't matter. But what I saw had me frozen in shock for the first 10 seconds, but then had me in stitches laughing.

It was some seriously overweight bloke singing that Whitney Housten song from the film "The Bodyguard".

Is this some kind of joke a record company decided to do just to take the piss out of some Fat dude that wanted to become famous or what?

If someone knows what I'm on about and finds any pictures of the guy, post them up so everyone knows what the hell I'm talking about.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rick wallace innit?

he's a HUGE mother****er, that "i will always love you" song, and he sings it terribly :)

he was on the UK star search or popstars or something, but his throat got ****ed near the finals so he had to leave , but he got a contract in the end .

and it is , i'm afraid, no joke.

i'll google a few images up :)

{edit} arse, got the name wrong I think, can't fgind anything about him
    i'll post a few links when I remember the name.

search for fat ****er and always love you, didn't turn up much :)

heh, class. i just went offline after posting here, then went up to watch magic to see if it came on :)

soon as I turned it on, the names scrolling along the bottom to ad. the videos changed to rik waller - i will always love you
    :p

the universe loves me

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1795000/images/_1795711_rik300.jpg

Rik Waller inspires auditions to form 'fat' boy band

Pop Idol contender Rik Waller has inspired plans for an overweight boy band.

Galaxi Music is looking for recruits for a group to be called the Fat Boy Five.

Auditions will start in January.

Ross Helmsworth, of Galaxi Promotions, said he is fed up with pop stars who look great but are not great singers. "After some 15 years in the music industry myself, I think it's time the record companies started to listen to what the public want.

"The voting on Pop Idol, proves that the public seek a great voice, and the looks are secondary. Alison Moyet didn't fail because of her weight did she?

"It's so unfair that these talented people are overlooked by the industry, because they don't look like pop stars.

"The public want to hear great voices on their radios, and what they get instead, is great looking people with often very average voices, and we aim to put that right."

Galaxi wants overweight boys between the ages of 16 and 25 to send in voice demos.

The address is PO Box 649, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4PX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Was he fat before the finals or did he just let himself go due to depression of having to have to leave?

And I noticed in the video the camera kept panning around a toaster! :D:D:D:D

Does this mean lots of kids are gonna stuffing their faces senseless so that they can audition for this band?

Oh this is gonna be so funny...I can't wait!!

• Advertisement

hehe, i have yet to be able to watcyh the whole damned thing. and whenever i do watch it I can't help but stare at his big sexy body

and his "soulful" eyes :)

check out http://www.bigrik.co.uk/

{edit} Have you got a partner?

I live with Laura and her six-year old son, Jordan. We've been together a couple of years.
    {/edit} lads... there's hope for us all..
    if *he* can get a woman....
    hehe

LOL@the URL :)

Everyone must of voted for him as a joke

hehe, i remember staring in pure shock at the tv screen frst time i saw him.

nearly forgot to breathe..

he's so damned sexy

Name three of your likes:
    Spicy food, football

We can all see which of the two he prefers!

I just made this :D!

fatguy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Funny pic :)

I was listening to Chris Moyles' Show on Radio 1 the other day and he did a whole version of that song with different words, was hilarious.

"And Iiiiiiii will always love food oooohhh always love food"... :D

It took me ages to find a picture of a feckin' pork pie.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Lol just did a search and found a link to it here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.westrup/Food.mp3

Funneh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

this really is not funny... it is sad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

He's not patetic cause he's fat, he's patetic cause he's a man trying to sing like a woman. :rolleyes: feckin eejit

I thought that Whitney's version was bad enough. That song ahs stopped me from ever seeing a karaoke ever again since I heard some girl in a pub in England trying to sing it in a competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I remember reading a newspaper interview with Rik, just after Will won Pop Idol.

He had just been given his own record contract. He claimed that he got a MUCH better deal than Will or Gareth because he was no longer tied to the pop idol contest, and therefore there was no restriction to what he could sing, i.e. he could pick whatever songs he wanted to sing.

Why pick that Whitney Houston song (which was pretty fcuking awful to begin with!) ??? :D

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

its probably just one of those spasticated "anyone can become a pop star" and he is v.spasticated. he prob wont get another song or album after this neways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Im most skocked not by a fat man singing a song originally performed by a woman-but that anybody actually watches the load of w.ank that is Magic:eek: Anyway-one thing gets me about that gaylord who does the westlife cover.Theres a line that goes"Your the only GIRL that I need".Isnt a gay man singing about a beautiful woman akin to Barry White singing about gay sex?Think about it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement