Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rod being removed from Sci-Fi movies/series

Options
  • 18-03-2002 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

1. There is no sound in space
    2. It is impossible for matter to exceed the speed of light.

Read * Rama by Arthur C Clarke if you actually want to read some plausable sci-fi else is simply muppetry, modern day fairy tales.

But vulcans probably do exist.
    Typedef

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

So what?
    How do you know?
    Read * Rama by Arthur C Clarke if you actually want to read some plausable sci-fi else is simply muppetry, modern day fairy tales.

I agree with you on that one.
    However, all sc-fi doesn't need to be entirely plausible in order to entertain. I read/watch sc-fi in order to be entertained. I would imagine most people do so as well. As well, "real" sci-fi is a kinda contradiction in terms don't you think? They would call it science fact if it was all plausible. Its easy to be plasuible when writing a book. Its not so easy when you're writing a script for an on going series. Time and budget constraints would be too tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Typedef your factual replys aren't welcome here, kindly sod off :p
    btw its Science fiction, i and i believe many others, watch solely for entertainment value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Clintonfan.JPG

don't you have a tree to hug or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

1. There are no trees in space
    2. It is impossible for trees to exceed the speed of light
    3. If you want real plausible tree-fi then go to a forest - anything else is just modern day horticulture.

• Advertisement

lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

There is no sound in a vacuum, I'm sure in spots, there is sound in space

At the moment science has not proved, designed, built and tested a mean where matter can exceed the speed of light

But vulcans probably do exist.

Yey sexy vulcan women

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by Typedef
    It is impossible for matter to exceed the speed of light

Well, law's of physics aren't going to be broken with that kind of attitude! :rolleyes:

Advertisement