Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Card Probs

• 27-03-2001 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

Have a problem with SB Live Platinum,

Useta work find on a machine, when we reinstalled it the card keeps continuously looping the system sounds.
    when you play a sound thru something like media player it works fine.
    When the card is installed it also stops the comp from going into the "it is now safe..." screen when you shut down??

Anybody any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i presume you are using the liveware installer? all 28 mg of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

First thing to check is that it's not sharing an IRQ with anything. That's the most common glitch with Live's. If it is just move it to dif. slots until it has a Unique IRQ.

I've found have the time that the liveware installer doesnt work properly. When I reinstall Win I install Liveware, then remove the soundcard from dev.manager and let it pick it up/install the driver only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Haven't checked the IRQ yet, but after using the live installer I removed the card and now it picks it up automatically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

kick it

Advertisement