Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price X-Boxes going on a German site

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I told you guys these prices were real..if only i had known this a week ago...blah blah
    .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

The offer is already jacked.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's an interesting site thanks to the Google translation. I notice that payments are COD. Can something be sent from Germany to IRL using COD? It would be handy as I don't own a credit card. I notice PS2+MGS2 for €339 which isn't bad. I suppose there would be additional cost for COD which would bring cost to probably €349 or so which still ain't bad. Has anyone ordered from this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Where do you go to see the Xbox thing on the translated site. I can't find it?

• Advertisement
    byte

Well I have eventually managed to order the PS2+MGS2 Value Pack for €339 COD which is pretty good IMO. Though I did find another good offer which may have been better - a PS2+2 DualShock+Remote Control for just €333, €4 more than the basic box in IRL. They say it will take 3-5 working days though thats probably in Germany only. Wil let you know how I get on with them. The only thing I should have to change is the 2-pin mains plug.:rolleyes:

byte

Originally posted by suppafly
    Where do you go to see the Xbox thing on the translated site. I can't find it?

I found it by accident but I don't know how. But the price of it is now €479:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭root

it appears to be gone.
    Anyone have a direct link ?

byte

Translation of latest news from Elses.de (Google Beta)
    Price strategy of the XBox : 18.03.2002, 17:31
    Very much geehrte/n Kunde/n,
    as you experienced surely from press and radio, momentarily the large sales chains argue about the XBox customers.
    Everyone tried with lowest prices (far under purchase price) the customers to lure... with it also different products with to be sold.
    It is not safe for the consumer, if the prices fast and shoppen favorably he can fall, by these price wars Fach-und retailer rouiniert, only only unfortunately sees good.!
    Therefore we become no price adjustment for the time being make, until we can get better purchase prices from the industry and offer our products more favorably.

Thank you for your understanding!

Their Shop team

That must be a reference to why the box is now €479. I can't find where I saw the damned thing now. Maybe it's totally withdrawn?

• Advertisement
Advertisement