Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC/CH4/CH5 on Sky Digital?

• 22-03-2001 9:49pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got sky digital recently but cant access any of the BBC channels, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. other ppl who have sky say they have same problem so I was wondering does anyone know will it ever become available to Irish sky digital viewers.

Gonzo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Apparently they will be on digital in April/May. Not sure exactly of the date.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

you can watch "Tara TV" which apperantly shows some bits o RTE, Network 2 BBC1 BBC2 UTV

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Your not supposed to be able to watch them here because we don't pay a license for those channels, remember the Irish refused to pay the BBC years ago on the grounds that it wasn't our fault that they transmitted into our air space and that we could pick them up. If you know anyone in the UK who pays a TV license they can get you a BBC card for free which covers all those channels your on about. Or if you take out a subscription from the UK instead of here you'll get a Sky card with all those channels too.

Blade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

See my post in Films / TV.

Short answer - BBC1 NI = Sky Digital 214.

Advertisement