Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

• 18-03-2002 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, why are there littles * beside some of the boards in the menu drop down list?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's unread posts.
    I just noticed this morning that the different coloured links in the main page left hand side- www.boards.ie- are coloured for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Gordon
    It's unread posts.
    I'm not sure, its not quite unread posts, but new posts since you last logged out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If they're new then how could you read them?

OMG! I'VE TURNED INTO.... PEDANTICMAN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Victor
    not quite
    Originally posted by amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I think it could be new posts in the last hour? (after u've read them the ikkle * still stays there)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by havok*
    I think it could be new posts in the last hour? (after u've read them the ikkle * still stays there)
    Yeah, I reckon that's what it is...
    During the wee hours there are barely any *'s yet loads of newer posts I haven't read.
    And as you rightly say, they stay there even after you've read the new posts on that board.
    It had me confused for a while though, I'd click back on a *'d forum and there'd be no new posts since my last visit... oh I almost cried :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by amp

OMG! I'VE TURNED INTO.... PEDANTICMAN!

Yes!

The title has passed to another!

I am free! ... FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Advertisement