Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Monster Bash - Download Where?

Options
  • 18-03-2002 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can download the original Monster Bash?

The only version i could get says i dont have enough memory. It requires a
    386, I have a Pentium 600! Anyone know how i could fix that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Very old dos games required a certain amount of conventional memory. Back then all we had was 640k which is nibbled away with various drivers and windows stubs and stuff. The game probably can't see anything more than 640k so even if you have 768mb then it still won't see it.

The cpu requirement has nothing to do with ram, but again some older games used badly written code based on cpu clock cycles for the timings. In other, less nerdy words, some older games when run on a fast processor seem like they're on acid.

I suggest you try and find an emulator for another platform which it may have been released on (provided of course you own the original). There is an Emulators board for talking of such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks.

I have never heard of an emulator before. Anyways I ran a search for it and I downloaded some Emulator called "Mame" that says it will run Monster Bash. However, Every time I click on Mame it appears in Dos mode for a few seconds and then disappears??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Have you enabled the flux capacitor?

Emulators can be tricky to operate. I suggest you ask in the Emulator board linked above or RTFM.

Advertisement