Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low Sulpher Diesel

• 18-03-2002 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

For those who drive a Diesel, Shell is now providing Low Sulpher, the same Dublin Bus has been using for years, they monopolised it and would not allow it to be used commercially for some reason.. anyway its the same price as normal Diesel but it runs better, quieter and much less emmisions..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Better late then never, ultra-low sulphur diesel has been availble
    elewhere in Europe for a few years now.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,521 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Isn't there lower tax on low-sulphur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

It's fairly common knowledge that Diesel burns cleaner, costs less and on the whole is better for the environment and the consumers pocket to boot.
    Without turing this board into a politics board I will say that Shell are not my favorite company by a long shot, but at least the fuel is available now.
    Here is some info from BP , but I'd be curious as to how Shell managed to throttel it's sale here when competitors like BP are willing to sell it?
    It's all about reducing green house gases which is to be welcomed no matter who originates it.
    Typedef

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Typedef
    I'd be curious as to how Shell managed to throttel it's sale here when competitors like BP are willing to sell it?

I think you'll find that it wasnt the fuel companies themselves which were the problem, but rather our good ol' friends in the CIE subsidiaries...

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Exactly.. My dads a bus driver and he told me they would not allow it to be available to the public until now as they held the rights in this country.. So im not sure why they relented.. maybe they were forced (usually the way!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement