Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in dublin for the little man?

Options
  • 18-03-2002 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i subbed here to get a couple of opinions. i'm returning to dublin to work full time from home for a US company. Is there an affordable ~500kbps service there comparable to DSL, or is the broadband network still shaky? Is 56k dialup still the handiest way for a home user? what are the prices of the two like? any web info resources would be welcome.
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

56k or isdn.... thats it for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 martidoh

thanks. and because it's been tough to find meaningful info on ISDN in ireland... what's my best bet in terms of a provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Look at recent threads on the IrelandOFFline board for latest info.

If you are prepared to choose a residence based on broadband availability you can have a cable modem or (very soon) DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

www.adsl.ie is the link to the business section of Eircom's site. There's some info re adsl on it.

• Advertisement

thanks a million
    pricing looks rough alright. 56k looks like the only option for me pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Same for most of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

NTL Cable Broadband is an option if you buy a house in an area with it enabled.

if i had the money for a bleedin house...

Advertisement