Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question (probably very stupid one) about access codes provided by the odtr.

Options
  • 18-03-2002 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

This has probably been done to death and I am sorry if this is a rerun for people but..... Since last year the ODTR has had new access codes available for the isps for flat rate and partial unmetered services and I believe not just broadband. I am with IOL gold and am like everyone else being ripped off. My question is this, they say as eircom own the 1891 number they set the charges for it, so if iol used a new number, not owned by eircom would that still be charged at their rates or could they reduce the charge even slightly? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I wasnt aware that eircom 'own' the 1891 prefix. They just make use of it just as they could make use of the 1892 and 1893 prefixes. Its up to anyone who wants to use the prefixes to negotiate a deal with Eircom. So far nobody wants to do that cos they know eircom arent going to move on the matter of flat rate or reduced rate... so the prefixes are sitting there idle...

Advertisement