Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeron Over Clocking

Options
  • 18-03-2002 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a Good page on
    the this subject?
    I think ive got mine running at 450mhz and no explosions yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39270

That thread is appropriately called Favourite Modding and Tweaking sites!!

TomsHardware has very reliable info on celeron overclocking, just be prepared to look back through the archives and you will get more than enough info.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ive got a Celeron 667 MHZ with 196 RAM.

Any point overclocking?

could you do with some of your programs working faster? Do you do intensive work like 3d design, games, divx encoding? If so yes it is. You will need to increase the fsb of your motherboard, if you have any problems doing this post the make and model of the motherboard here, and we will see if it is possible to overclock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I got a Celeron 500mhz(maxdata Artist).
    Intel 815 board 3pci slots 2 CNR. Socket 7 i think)only got it couple of days. As far as i know through the bios i can get 625mhz(UNSTABLE) so is there any tricks.
    I never indulged in overclocking as i only had one machine at any given time. Any help would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Socket 7 is for Pentium, Pentium-MMX, and K6 processors.

It's a socket 370 board, if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement

Ran home there and checked, you`re right. It`s a 370 so a possible upgrade is possible or should. I`m not sure if you have seen my other thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48686

I`ll be doing a full section on OC so any advise/pointers wud be great. At the moment I`ve got 2 machines, The celeron 500 and the more overclockable P4 1.4ghz based around i850 chipset and a Abit TH7 Raid mobo

Celeron 500 is based on the mendocino ( 0.25 micron ) core, and so won't go much over 600 stable without extreme cooling, (water, peltiers, etc). So I'd settle for as close to 600 as possible. You will have to find a way of upping the voltage, if the motherboard won't let you pick one, you can get the chip to ask for a higher default voltage by wrapping some of the pins together with wire. Just search google for vid pin wrapping.

The FSB is at 75mhz and the multiplier is at 8x and i get 564mhz i think, if i use the 85mhz on the FSB the machine won`t boot and i have to reset the bios(remove battery). I upgraded the RAM to 128mb last nite as well for good measure, but the mobo holds the machine back as it doesen`t have an AGP slot and only 3 PCI. But seeing as it ain`t my main machine, It`s not so much of an issue. The onboard AGP is 4mb which is enough to play Tony Hawks 2 and SOF, but a bit rough for DF3(land warrior)......not that I use it just for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Set it up as a server for LANs, or make it really quiet, slap on a 20 or 30Gig quiet drive (mounted with rubber brommets etc.) and use it as a MP3 jukebox with a winamp mod on the front.

Advertisement