Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AOL Uses a BT Trick

• 18-03-2002 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

How many of you all rember the time BT placed high users onto new number platforms that would not alow you access to the ISP?

Well now AOL are doing the same dam trick.

Look in the," BBC Watch Dog," archives to see their report on this.

I am sorry,there is high demand for this destination please try later,you are not being charged for this call.

I am sorry,there is high demand for this destination please try later,you are not being charged for this call.

Yours
    Alias Bob
    Don't forget my Guinness lads
    :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

so, cry me a river id love to have aol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Well now AOL are doing the same dam trick.

Proof?? More than a tenuous reference to a Watchdog article, if you please.

I work part time in an AOL technical support department, and I haven't heard anything of this. We put BT customers on the best BT numbers available, and we put NTL, Telewest, Kingston Communication (etc) customers on the best numbers that will get them connected to our service.

Also, I have never heard that particular error message in relation to the AOL software, (though we do get a number of busies) - it usually reports that "The number dialled is busy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Alias Bob

I'm AOL senior tech rep

So your a senior Tec Rep, then I'm Yogi Bear. Wheres my honey mummey?

Yours
    Alias Bob
    Don't forget my Guinness lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd lock this topic, but it actually could turn into an interesting flamewar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by SearrarD

I'm AOL senior tech rep

we lease lines off three differnet telephone companies, we have about 20 different freephone numbers for our members

if your system & acc check out then you connect, if one number is over loaded then you have another 19 to fall back on, and AOL auto updates your best numbers into your pc and you'll always have the best connection in the UK, unlike BT....

Maybe you should take a look at your contract before making random statements like this SearrarD. You did sign a non-disclosure agreement which covers all of this.

If anyone has any questions regarding this issue please contact AOL Corporate Communications. They will be able to tell you exactly what the situation is with their UK numbers.

AOL Contact Information

regards,

Niall O' Riordan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

I'm AOL senior tech rep

How are you a Senior Tech Rep if you are still in college and crying on the humanities board about getting ure mate out of bed for class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Originally posted by logic1
    Maybe you should take a look at your contract before making random statements like this SearrarD. You did sign a non-disclosure agreement which covers all of this.

Did he sign it with a X or a proper signature? ;)

BTW do AOL have any plans to lauch over here? (without breaking your NDAs..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Alias Bob

How are you a Senior Tech Rep if you are still in college and crying on the humanities board about getting ure mate out of bed for class?

Good one Zero.

Yours
    Alias Bob
    Don't Forget my Guinness lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Zero

Playd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm AOL senior tech rep
    no you're not lol :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by logic1

Most large corporations even have provisions that forbids you to comment on anything unless your in the approved position to do so. (eg. If someone asks me something outside the scope of a simple tech question I have to refer them to our press office or legal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by The Cigarette Smoking Man

Did he sign it with a X or a proper signature? ;)

BTW do AOL have any plans to lauch over here? (without breaking your NDAs..)

I think that is a big no. Market not big enough to justify the expense I'd imagine.

Advertisement