Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taken from an email

Options
  • 19-03-2002 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

<SNIP>
    In a meeting on May 13th 2001 in a Dublin city centre hotel, this group, which was later to be named "IrelandOffline", was created.
    Many learnered people were elected and a LOT of hopes were raised. Ten months later and What has happened ? Has anything changed? As a relatively new person to this board I have learned much and seen a lot here on these boards.
    Since I came here I have seen this;

1. IOFFL were set up because of all the cast-off's by EAST.
    2. A Huge amount of people were affected and everyone had the same thing on their minds.
    3. A Group was formed
    4. A Board was formed
    5. People were elected to represent Everyone in Ireland that had no Flatrate Internet access.
    6. A blackout was held
    7. Links were set up
    8. Discussions were made via Radio / Internet etc.
    9. You name it, it has been done.

Has it worked?

It's Election time. It's 'THE' only time you will get to show your opinion that will really count. Make IOFFL stick in the throats of every candidate so that he / she knows that we just wont 'Go Away' without a fight. <SNIP>

I cant post it all the mail for fear of misleading anyone etc.
    Suffice to say,

I agree.

Ragards,

Manic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

finally,it seems as if the mistreated internet users of Ireland are making a stand; "We're sick of not having the same treatment as the majority of countries in the world!"...

its time to really let em have it..

Advertisement