Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Waldron broken anyone yet?

• 19-03-2002 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

And, whats the odds the nerds will find time to read boards over there? :)

Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just have a look on one of hte webcams :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Yes and Yes

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Davitt and Mike (coyote) are having a competition to see who can damage themselves the most. The rest of us are staying clear!

(Mike has won).

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Jaysus, you bloody nerds! Get back out on the piss, err, pistes I mean :)

To be fair, Dav will do more damage to you Mike, than you will do to him. I think Tom has the right idea, I'd stay clear of you two soon-to-be avalanches too :)

Have a good one!

Lo Dav :)

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Heheh :)
    /me finds it hard to expunge the mental image of Dav rolling down the mountain rapidly picking up more snow a la Looney Tunes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I wonder if DeV has seen bubbles' latest work of artistic mastery whilst over there on his hols?

If not, proceed to the games board... its in that Kevo thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

why are you all taking the piss out of this kev guy, is he a member(i know hes on tele some times)

btw that devore one was sick but funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Well, from the injuries i've heard of they seem to be having fun, i think the line "i hurt myself again..." was used :)

Skimobiles (or whatever they're called) are not for flying over 10ft cliffs in (as they found out). ;)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by Stephen
    I wonder if DeV has seen bubbles' latest work of artistic mastery whilst over there on his hols?

If not, proceed to the games board... its in that Kevo thread :D

Hope you keep your shirt on out in the slopes Dev. ;)

/me restrains himself from making 'nipple' jokes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yeah, Mike won the injuries race, but I won the "uncontrolably pissed" round and the "Karaoke" round (finals of a comp tomorrow night that'll make me €500 richer if I win).

Any Lovely Latvian Ladies out there...???
    (aren't holiday in-jokes great)

Snowboarding is cool (for the 2 hours I've actually spent on a board).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

G'man Dav :)

Make sure you givus a bell when you get in on Sat - we'll prolly be down in Clarkes as usual after the match.

Enjoy the last coupla days!
    Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by Kharn
    Yeah, Mike won the injuries race, but I won the "uncontrolably pissed" round and the "Karaoke" round (finals of a comp tomorrow night that'll make me €500 richer if I win).

Any Lovely Latvian Ladies out there...???
    (aren't holiday in-jokes great)

Snowboarding is cool (for the 2 hours I've actually spent on a board).

OMG Dav is at the karaoke again lol...

As for the staying up on the snow board for two hours that was when you were pissed and the lads put it on your feet in the middle of the night I'm right aint I :).

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Kharn
    Any Lovely Latvian Ladies out there...??? (aren't holiday in-jokes great)

They were actually ex-USSR, weight-lifter, transexuals weren't they! :p

That’s not true about the snowmobiles you can drive them off the side of a bridge just like I did. However, you need to fly off the edge at about 40mph and keep your hand on the throttle to keep it going as I did.

Coyote

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well we're back, mostly in one piece.
    by the end of the week only myself, RogueDotc and Shadow were able to board and even then the other two were carrying minor knocks. I busted my leg off the (now famous) skidoos hehe (the fact that I busted my shin off the top handlebars will give you an idea of what we were doing with them.
    Coyote busted his nose off the steering block while missing a bridge entirely. Kharn reckoned he knew what he was doing and followed him over!
    Otto decided the side of the mountain was a good place to get air off and I followed him thinking we were supposed to go there!
    RogueDotc nearly flipped his. Shadow and Garret seemed to be the only ones able to control theirs properly :)

Most of them got the hang of it quite quickly, where booze didnt ruin play :)
    I actually had one of the wildest weeks boarding I've had in years but managed not to get a scratch. Shadow couldnt believe one of the jumps I did (neither could I the first time!) so I did it again and got a photo of it (I hope!).
    Will post it here when I get it.

All in all, a cracking time was had and we're planning a bigger one next year.

DeV.

Originally posted by Coyote
    That’s not true about the snowmobiles you can drive them off the side of a bridge just like I did. However, you need to fly off the edge at about 40mph and keep your hand on the throttle to keep it going as I did.

Coyote

Did you even hit the bridge Coyote? Kharn certainly didnt!

DeV.

To tell the truth I’m not sure, I might have just flown over it or some thing. Most of what I remember is flying through the air after the top of the pile of snow.
    You would need too ask someone who was watching it as I was trying to learn to fly right then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

lol, lol and lol again!!!

Yes its true, DeVore has far too little regard for his own life when it comes to gravity and snow.
    Big thanks tho for bringing Otto and myself up that red slope on day 3 :D Definitly the most intense experience of my life to date. I was as high as a kite on adrenaline for hours after coming down off the mountain.

As to Coyote and the skidoo incident, never seen optimism like it: "well fvck it, at least there's no shortage of ice to put on it", refering to his busted nose..

Dav, aka Kharn, what to say. perhaps, roflmao at the latvian moments, lol for getting up and going banana's in front of the only niteclub in Livigno, ouch for the kick in the head maybe!!

Really cant recommend snowboarding nearly enough. Definitely the best outdoor activity/ sport I've ever done. I dont know about the rest of the lads but I'll be heading back next year.

Advertisement