Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there something about paddys weekend that causes couples to break up?

• 19-03-2002 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

No fewer than 3 couples I know broke up over the weekend, I also saw huge amounts of arguing couples in the city and inexplicably several old exs made contact with me too. I suppose you could blaim the drink but hell every weekend would be this way then. Is it just me or did anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Drink coupled with the influx of annoying tourists. More people around, more temptation, or on the flip side larger crowd, traffic congestion, noise, litter, end result stress and annoyance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The thing is a lot of people just go on the tear for about four days solid. That level of alcohol, coupled with boredom, does affect people. It happens every bank holiday in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

It's the Booze,

And maybe the Booze, but it could be the booze, but after thinking about these things and being a man of the world, it's the booze....

500 Yeah

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The booze is definitely one major ingredient.. but just stagger.. err I mean strolling through the streets on Sunday night on me way to yet another pub I did notice an amazing selection of very good looking ladies on almost every street...

I must say that temptation as a lot to do with it.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    I did notice an amazing selection of very good looking ladies on almost every street

that has got to be beer goggles

there is always a lot more attractive ladies when you have your beer goggles on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

There definately is something alright I've seen three couples break up over Paddy's weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Well they say that a drunk person is incapable of telling lies

maybe these couples were secretly sorry they became couples and with the booze the truth finally came out that they hated each other.

no doubt it might have something to do with one have of the couple not getting the leg-over with the other half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by fcddunne

no doubt it might have something to do with one have of the couple not getting the leg-over with the other half

You hit the nail on the head there !!!.....

and the Booze.....don't forget the booze

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by fcddunne
    Well they say that a drunk person is incapable of telling lies

Forgot about that bit... yup could be something to do with that alright...

So what have we so far...??

Ingredients to a Perfect Breakup:

One Drunk Fella
    One Drunk Girl
    A few gallons of alcohol (any type will do)
    Handfull of hormones
    A tablespoon of truth serum

Mix all together in a big bowl and leave stand
    over Paddy's weekend.... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Mix all together in a big bowl and leave stand

the moral of the story is, keep well away from your bloke/woman when you're drunk - sure in that case you'd never see him/her!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Definitely the booze, I was in the Playwright in Blackrock on Sunday afternoon, watching the Arsenal game and a couple near me had a screaming match. She wanted to go into town, he wanted to go home and put his feet up, they were both pi$$ed, she ended up digging him a few times and dumping two pints over him.

Then they both got fu<ked out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

hehehe I love those scenes from films that happen when your just sitting in the pub relaxin :D

Although a few weeks back a couple behind me in the porterhouse were screaming etc and when the woman went to throw the drink in his face some other guy knocked into her on his way to the toilet (staggering)and sent the vodka/7up combo all over me and a mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

But what about all the people who fell in love with the people who broke up?

Hmm, maybe they'll break up next Paddy's day and the whole cycle will start all over again - just like a David Attenborough nature programme.

Advertisement