Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

button to do 2 things....

Options
  • 19-03-2002 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

i have 2 frames on a page. the top one contains a login for for boards.ie.

the bottom frame contains the tippinst forum hosted on boards.ie.

when i login using the for, it opens the results in the lower window. however this is now the complete boards.ie forum listing.

is there anyway i can make the lower frame revert back to the tippinst forum say 3 or 5 seconds after hitting submit on the login form.

This would then have the user logged in, and in the tipp-inst forum, without them having to go looking for the forum (not hard to find, but some people areound here....)

any help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Got a link SMAK ?

It Could be as simple as adding something like this in the head tag...
    <meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;URL=XXXXX.htm">

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

But he can't do that, 80p, can he?... he can't edit the pages as they're hosted by boards.ie ...

Surely it could be written in Javascript that it first submits the form, then delays for a bit and then refreshes the frameset???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Bard
    Surely it could be written in Javascript that it first submits the form, then delays for a bit and then refreshes the frameset???

exactly what im looking for bard. anyone got any ideas?? i dont do that javascript thaaang!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Is it possible to make a 3rd hidden frame - then when they click submit it loads two pages - the boards.ie home page and a new page into the 3rd frame.

The new page may be able to be setup to refresh a certain page into your second frame.

Anyone able to see if this could be put into motion or has it got plotholes!

it seems like a sound idea. ill give it a try.

cheers,
    smak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Let me know how you get on!

buddy, couldnt get it to work :(. im stumped. here is the code for the login frame:
    <html>

<body bgcolor="#80B0CF" text="#FFFFFF" alink="#2F7FA0" link="#2F7FA0" vlink="#2F7FA0"leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<form action="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php" method="post" target="tippinstforum"><FONT 
          face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=1>

<br><input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">

Username: <input type="text" maxLength=64 size=10 class="bginput" name="username" size="7">

Password:<input type="password" maxLength=64 size=10 class="bginput" name="password" size="7">
    <input type="submit" class="bginput" value="Login!" >

</FONT></FORM>

</body>
    </html>

maybe i could set up a hidden field that loads up the tippinst forum in the target frame "tippinstforum" upon hittin 'login!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

see below this was a ****,ed up idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

<!-- NAVIGATION -->      
              <td width="20%" valign="top"> 
                <table width="100%" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0>
            <tr>
             <td width="100%" valign="top" bgcolor="#999999">
              <center>
                        <font size="2" color="#800000"> <font color="#000000">Boards.ie 
                        login </font> </font>
    </center>
             </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
             <td width="100%" valign="top" bgcolor="#999966">
              <p align="right">
              <font size="1">
               <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    <form action="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php" method="post" target="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=48"><FONT 
          face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=1>

<br><input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">

Username:<input type="text" maxLength=64 size=10 class="bginput" name="username" size="7">

Password:<input type="password" maxLength=64 size=10 class="bginput" name="password" size="7">
    <input type="submit" class="bginput" value="Login!">

</FONT></FORM>
    </form>
              <p></p></font>
             </font></td>
            </tr>
           </table>
           <!--  -->

it worked for me give it a try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Griever

Well did it work?

• Advertisement