Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

56k Tweaking

Options
  • 19-03-2002 5:22pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone has any decent tweaks for 56k dial up just to make my online gaming experience a (small) bit faster.Was particularly interested if there is a program available to keep pinging your isp as at times I find that the connection just stops dead and I neither receive or transmit anything to the isp(hope this makes sense).I was hoping to find maybe a hidden tweak which keeps pinging the isp so that the above doesnt happen.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

http://home.clara.net/sflatt/modemsetup.htm

A very good site with all you'll need.
    Careful though. Try and do the tips only one at a time so
    you'll know which one makes a good difference or a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Try searching this board, theres been loads of similar threads with helpful links.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

If you need to continuously ping something just use "ping -t <whatever>" from a dos prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

check here and do a search in the cs forums, there have been literally hundreds of such topics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

Go into your modem settings and take off "modem Compression" but leave on Error control , that should take off 50ms on your connection but to browse the internet you will have to restart your connection using modem compression

• Advertisement
Advertisement