Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Knight 2

Options
  • 19-03-2002 7:43pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Allegedly out in 9 days (according to game-retail.co.uk)! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Watched a video clip of it and had a look at a review of it, looks pretty sweet. Loved JK1, anyone else looking forward to this as much as i am ? :)

/me twiddles his thumbs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

me me me!!!!!

i want this game so bad, im liking the fact that you get to team up with various famous stars, such as lando, luke and more...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah that should be cool. Unfortunately it isn't Mark Hamill as Luke, but it is Billy... something as Lando. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I just can't wait for the mass saber battles on-line! Thats one thing i loved about the first one. When you entered a game you could play duels or ffa and the people respected that, no lousy cheap kills from behind etc.

One of the best communities i've ever been involved with and i can't wait to go back.

March 29th btw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

When you entered a game you could play duels or ffa and the people respected that, no lousy cheap kills from behind etc.

One of the best communities i've ever been involved with and i can't wait to go back.

Dont shoot the messenger here, but given the tremendous hype JK2 has received its quite likely there will be a hell of a lot of people playing it, at least initially - stands to reason a lot of these, who know little and care less about the golden rules of the JK1 community, might serve to spoil it for you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Sand is right, but there's a caveat here- using the lightsaber takes *skill* and willingness to play the single-player through, or to have alreadly played JK1(many of the moves are still the same except for the overpowered doubleslash). Also, for many of the multiplayer maps force speed will be disabled, a good move I think to limit the speed ninjas who lower the fun of the ffa by zipping around like horseflies on crack. The innumerable objects to hurl at people will be entertaining, as will the inevitable gripping & choking Vader-style.

Oh, as for the cheap saber kills from behind, your jedi senses (in the form of a grey cursor in front of you) will warn you of an enemy attacking from behind, that lets you avoid the cheapa$ses who try to avoid facing your blade. Have it pre-ordered already, /me checks his postbox for the third time today for notification.

Occy

• Advertisement

Can't wait to start force jumpin' again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Dont shoot the messenger here, but given the tremendous hype JK2 has received its quite likely there will be a hell of a lot of people playing it, at least initially - stands to reason a lot of these, who know little and care less about the golden rules of the JK1 community, might serve to spoil it for you

i think this can be avoided by joining private servers and organised games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I lioke Jedi Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by veonix
    i think this can be avoided by joining private servers and organised games.

I'd love if we got a private irish server. Have to talk to rev and gb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

not counting a few half hearted fumbles on Quake1 and the rest , I started gaming online with JK2 , and In all fairness I miss the chivalry still , while I admit I didnt become a full on sabriest till about 6 months in *Tried to get naff long range kills with the Repeater cannon, As anyone with any Sabre skills proabably knows its suicide :)* but one I learned the sabre It ranked as one of my most treasured online games , Its just a thought but does anyone know if the developers plan to incorperate a duel system , ala Severence or mebbe to a lesser extent T1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Oh, YES!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I hope they go for a dedicated server system this time around, the peer-to-peer system lucasarts used in JK1 was really bad with lag and such.

MSN gaming zone can kiss my arse.

Yep, it uses the Quake3 engine so it has the same server system as it.

Only 2 days away now :)

must...wait...longer.. *collapse*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II + FREE Battle for Naboo
    ETA : 28/03/2002

that is from both the electronics boutique site and game retail, you sure the release date is the 29th? /me crosses my fingers in hope that is released on the thursday not the friday, one lest day to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Any nobal jedi rules we should know before playing online? Got in crap with avp2 community playing pred cause i didnt follow hunters code...perfer alien anyway less rules..:D

Wha ever happened to passing Jedi as a offical religion??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Um.

Sorry to throw water on the bonfire a bit, but, well, it's not very good. It's not a BAD fps game, but as far as I've got (and I'm several hours into the game) it's very formulaic and just, well, not stunning in any way. Bog standard Raven first person shooter.

The graphics are pretty dire too really - Wolf and MoH both look a lot better, despite using the same engine. Frankly I don't think I'd be playing still were it not for the fact that it's Star Wars - if it was a random unlicensed game, I'd have dropped it after the first level or two and never gone back.

Sadly uninspired, really. Guess that's what happens when you farm out a licence like this to a company who are known for churning out by-the-numbers first person shooter games, and then give them nine months to finish it... What's the odds on TA2 being the same level of disappointment, eh? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Having played it quite a bit over the last 2 days, dont expect a great singleplayer game, as shinji said theres nothing wrong with it, just dont expect too much, granted the graphics are not better than either wolf' or Moh but theres the scale of the multiplayer levels which really put Moh's to shame, Wolfenstien comes close... to be honest I'ld prefer the scale over the beauty...

Multiplayer on the other hand is pretty good. The light sabre can be extremely effective, if used properly, I have seen a few people decimate others using only a lightsabre on force abilites(not on sabre only servers), with 3 different style of fighting, its a most enjoyable weapon to use.

This time not all of the force abilities have to be activated in order to use them, eg, force jump is now active all the time.

I personaly think its worth the money and am quite happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Monty, from your post it sounds like the only reason to buy it is because you get to use a lightsabre online :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Celt,

Thats kinda it allright

This game is gonna 0wn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    Celt,

Thats kinda it allright
    wow, no way in hell i'm buying it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

dunno but some of the lads love it..

it does nothing at all for me personally

hmm no its not the only reason...if I had continued on anymore I may aswell have written a review:o

The only reason I went on about it so much is, I happen to use it alot, where as most people seem to ignore it, bar the sniper rifle and rl launcher(sometimes these fail) its the only thing that can kill in one hit, garunteed, if used properly, I mean 84 kills just using a sabre and force abilities sort of proves how lethal it can be...(on an all weapons enabled server)

The game online has a certain style to it that I cant quite discribe, play it you may like it or you may not. I just happen to think its worth the cash.

Only reached the jedi training levels, but from what i've seen so far this pisses all over MOHAA and RTCW singleplayer - for me anyway.

just got my trusty saber, cant figure out how to get out of the stupid room tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

So its officially available then? Im hoping Shinji is wrong and that it is the gr8 game pc gamer has promised me...if its not ill cancel my subscription ;(

Ive been looking forward to this since...well forever! Can you guys remember when Lucas arts actually made good games...themselves !?!?!?!

kaids throw your sabre at the pendulams(?) beside the doors

hehe yea i figured that when i went back in, realised i was able to do the saber throw.

also im having a small prob with JK2 - my controls keep getting reset every time i leave the game, and the screen res keeps going back to 640x480 too. any ideas ?

• Advertisement

prae - if u liked JK1 you will like JK2 (imho, they are very similar, and i like both :))

Advertisement