Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Knight 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Highlight all the files in your JKII folder (or just the folder, not sure) and right click on it, then properties. It should be Read Only or something like that, uncheck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Little tip for those who haven't bought it yet.

Game/EB: €60
    Smiths (with loyalty card): €45

No sign of the alleged freebie game in Game either.....

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

prae - if u liked JK1 you will like JK2 (imho, they are very similar, and i like both )

Well, for a counterpoint, I loved Dark Forces and JK1 to bits, and am finding JK2 tedious beyond belief in parts. Admittedly some of the lightsaber sections are decent enough, but the puzzles and level design are utterly dire. The multiplayer is also a definite case of "hmm, this is fun on a LAN for half an hour...".

Originally posted by TmB

Game/EB: €60
    Smiths (with loyalty card): €45

Just to further that a bit. If you go into EB an see the for €60, get them to call up smyths or where ever and they'll have to give it to you for €45 because of the lowest price guarantee :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

So is this game worth £30 odd quid? (I'm from England, sorry :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

Heh, I am loving this game to bits, jk with decent graphics and more saberplay. I got the free game with it (battle of naboo) installed it, but I haven't had the chance to play it yet, spending all my time at jedi outcast :)

Originally posted by Spiffing
    So is this game worth £30 odd quid? (I'm from England, sorry :p)

thats €48ish so yea its worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Finished JK2 (2nd hardest mode). The first few levels were a little annoying but as soon as you get the Light Saber OMG :) Those poor men clad in white suits are fecked!

That is my only complaint....when you have the Saber and the force your nearly invulerable!

Its hard to describe how good it feels using force grip and throwing lots of Storm Troopers off the edge of a cliff :) Pure Heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

I have played more multiplayer after 4 days the singleplayer..
    Yes , multiplayer is the way to go ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

finished it there yetersday, was it just me or was the end boss really easy to kill? I switched to strong saber style and used force speed and a couple of hits later he was dead! The game rocks multiplayer, dueling over our lan rules. Actually there is a double saber (aka same as darth maul's) hided in the multiplayer bit, to get it you need to devmap to a level then sv_cheats 1, put your saber away and type \THEDESTROYER in the console for a double blade saber.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I thought the developers planned to rip loads of the level designs from JD2? It's a pity they messed that up because it was the strongest element of the prequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

20020329l.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Yeah that sounds about right. Netplay is disappointing imo because of the community thats there. A few mates on a lan and it rules. All you need is full force push, knock tem over and swing for the kill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Force absorb negates force push.

A lot of the skills are paper-rock-sissors. For example. Absorb negates everything except drain + vengence.

I prefer the light skills over the dark.

Force absorb against any player who prefers to use force based attacks.

Force protect against players who prefer normal attacks.

Pull against players who prefer weapons over sabers.

Force Sight against players who mind trick or those camper sniper sobs (did you know lvl 3 force sight makes you automatically dodge sniper fire).

Someone who does a dark vengence, just pull back from them until they switch it off then whack em. They are pretty much screwed unless they can get some digs in.

grip, push are fun (especially on ledges). I tend to just use the saber and a minimal number of lvl 3 force powers.

btw, using mind trick on "Jedi Master" mod actually makes you glow! :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have played MOH, RTCW of the recent hyped games and now JK2 having loved the previous games. I beg to differ with Shinji on this one. I loved the single player game. You've got to be careful when you criticise puzzles in a game because some of us don't play games with puzzles. If you 'blow up eveything that moves' through alot of the recent games like RTCW, MOH then I think you'll appreciate the puzzles in JK2, not too taxing but fun to get past using force powers etc.
    I think Raven have done well here. Especially when they seem to have a good reputation for no good reason. Voyager was piss poor imho and yet the mags all gave it good reviews. This time though they have more or less delivered the goods. Perhaps I was too distracted by the graphics in this game to fully analyse the gameplay - the saber fights look excellent so much so I didn't worry too much that most of the so called jedi you fight are more like jedi-fodder, it just looks so good when you are fighting them that as a pathetic Star Wars nerd like me you lap it up.
    Again I disagree on the graphics being inferior to other recent games. MOH's graphics were ok. What made it for MOH was the real war atmosphere. RTCW looks sweet and I think JK2 looks just as sweet. Faithfull to the Star Wars universe you'll get the usual bizarre evil empire type architecture a la big gloomy drops to your death. and large open areas in sky cities and industrial planets. I'm sure there are weaknesses that I could concentrate on but I just love using the force and my saber far too much. O.k. I'm sad.
    I've played it online too but only ffa and it's a mixture of good saber players, the usual lamo players and newbies who haven't figured out how to stop me force gripping them over a fatal drop and releasing them. It does look good though to rush into a room to see 6 or 7 players dueling with lightsabers. I think sticking to team based servers might be better.
    Overall I say buy this game but I still say the 2 best games this year will be UT2 and U2.

Advertisement