Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise

Options
  • 19-03-2002 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I have an Xp1900 cooled with an akasa silver mountain heatsink. My problem is that this has a noisee delta38 on it . In the serch to reduce noise i seen this product "acoustic absorption mat " http://www.akasa.co.uk .I only seen one place that sold this http://www.overclock.co.uk but they charge €36 for delivery.
    Does anyone know where i might find a similar product
    If not does anyone know anygood ways of quieting me case down a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

take the red and black wires from the fan connector, you can remove them using a pin or something similar. Find a spare molex power connector coming from your power supply. Put the red fan wire into the pin connected to a yellow wire on the molex, and put the black fan wire into the pin connected to the red wire on the molex, which is at the other side to the yellow.

Hey presto, the fan will now be running on 7 volts instead of 12 volts, and will make a muffled roar, instead of an ear destroying, mind numbing ridiculous whine. /me runs off to kill whoever invented deltas.

Very simple diagram here:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'd make a switch like dv_712_no_led.jpg

I have some off these in my case and i have 3 Delta 80mm which run at 48Dba compared to the 45Dba 60mm plus you've only got one.
    The switches work a charm and you can buy the parts from Peats, Maplin or Farnell.

You need to get a toggle switch that has 2 on positions only and locks on either one.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

The switch seems not a bad idea i have done the 7v mod but i didnt like the way it incresed me temps by 5 degrees.
    I was thinking of making a 60 to 80mm fan adapter which would give me better results than the 7v mod.
    By the way i would find it very difficult to listen to 3 80mm beltas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Fandapters lose much of the original power of the 80mm fan. But it might give you better results than a 7v delta I guess.
    Get a panaflo or pabst 80mm fan.

Originally posted by Gerry
    Fandapters lose much of the original power of the 80mm fan. But it might give you better results than a 7v delta I guess.
    Get a panaflo or pabst 80mm fan.

It's a Papst you mean.
    I swapped my 7v delta for a 12v papst and its terrible.
    Incresed the temp from 45*C load to 61*C load.

I'd get a delta if anything and 7v it.
    I had a Silver Mountain but now i got an Alpha Pal 8045 and its much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

61 degrees? Have you got your core insulated or something???

Originally posted by JustHalf
    61 degrees? Have you got your core insulated or something???

Nope. I've upped the voltage so it makes it a damn lot hotter.
    If i dropped it it would be really cool. Probaly max at 40*c or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ (the "ers" is important ;))have the same stuff (look in the "Case-Related Accessories" section - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Case_Related_Accessories_36.html) for STG£10+VAT, and they do shipping to Ireland (just did a dummy run there to check) of STG£6. That's eminently reasonable, isn't it?

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

thanks Gadget i looked on that site before but i never seen it

Advertisement