Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games Development website (Irish)

• 19-03-2002 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I have to do a website for comp class in school and was wondering if you would give me any help to set up An Irish Game Dev website I don't think there is one.
    It will have a forum probably boards.ie.
    Previews, Reviews, Tutorials and loads of news.
    Would anyone here mind helping me.
    Sponsors and help in the design aspect are welcome
    So any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ERm,

doesnt this directly compete with my games website idea? :/

and shouldnt a website you have to do for class be done by yourself?

sorry if i sound like an @sshole...but you know ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yes, "DRakE", you are in fact the first person ever to think of setting up an Irish games development site. Well done and congratulations.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

indeed

we do need a game dev site

i had the very same idea but nobody wanted to help me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

i just saw drakes post sorry mate drakes looks class :p

bye

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hmmm - Rather than debate over such a miniscule turn of events, why don't you two bounce your web designing Idea's off eachother and/or work together to make linked, or seperate, sites for the benefit of this community...

It would be rather silly to start competing with eachother...

Anyway, try not to let this thread degrade into a petty arguement please and, before I go, good luck to the two of you and keep up the good work...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    It would be rather silly to start competing with eachother...
    I disagree... two sites competing would motivate the site admins :)
    God only knows where www.fortress.ie would be now if we had some direct competition ... might get news updates more than once every two months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ok lads, enough haet.

It's sorted now.
    Peace.

Advertisement