Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop problem....

• 28-03-2001 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

I think my laptop is sick, i was just finished typing up a project for college and went to save it to floppy disk.
    But it said that it was write protected, i checked it and it wasnt.
    So i whipped out a diff disk and it told me the same thing and no other disks worked either.
    I may have picked up something from the college computers i dunno, the security is extremely poor and the ME's are lazy buggers.
    I remember trying to save another document to a disk in college the day before and it either told me that i didnt have the security privilages or it gave me this message "error writing disk (cyclic redundancy check)" whatever the funk that is.

Anyone able to help?

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

check in the bios that the
    a) floppy disk controller is enabled
    b) correct format (1.44mg) is selected
    c) write protect is not enabled.

just change which ever is probably wrong, and have a nice day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

dont think i can help much, but (cyclic redundancy check) = CRC, you may have heard of a CRC error before its basically somethink to do with currupt files,

but i dunno im prolly wrong, try reformatting the disk before copying the file

RentZ

Advertisement