Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Motherboard advice

• 19-03-2002 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Lo folks,

Old motherboard has gone to a better place so I'm trying to find a new one.

Last motherboard was an Iwill KK266 plus for reference.

I figure the best way to hunt out a new one is to say what I need to run off it and work from there .. so here it is.

Chip : AMD Athlon 1400 Socket
    Ram : 512mb pc133 SDram

IDE Devices:

1 (5400?) 60 GB HD
    1 25gb HD
    1 15gb HD
    1 8gb HD which i tend to remove once a week and take to work
    1 DVD
    1 CDRW

+ Floppy drive

PCI Devices:

SB live sound card
    ISDN TA card
    56k internal modem
    some old 10/100 Network card

AGP card:

Geforce 4 440

... and that is pretty much it. It's all housed in a big towercase with plenty of cooling too if that matters.

Anyhows, ideally I'm lookin for something i could pick up this thursday in town as I want to try get the system back up for the weekend. But generally I'm just looking for a little advice on the what to get front (or even what to avoid like the plague).

Cheers,

Jak.

-forgot a few things-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I know you probably don't have a terribly high opinion of the iwill since it died on you, but it was one of the best kt133a boards. If you don't want to ditch your sdram for ddr, (and you might not feel like it with current ram prices) just pick up an abit kt7a-raid or an epox 8kta3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Cool thanks.

Went for the KT 7A

JAK.

Advertisement